p0602 code and tranny won't shift at wot

alpinelightning

Established Member
tranny won't shift at wot

I am having a problem today I noticed that my truck wont shift at wot it just hits the rev limiter and then I smelled oil as I did it I imediately backed off and crused home it seeme to shift fine for normal driving the code i saw wth my obd II scanner were p1000 p0602 and p0138 the p0602 code says to replace powertrain control module which is normal for a cutom tune the p0138 is rear o2 sensor high voltage I checked no burn wires and the rear 02s are deleted in my predator because I have no cats
there is also 1 slight problem i notesed a thimping under low idle coming from my exhaust I don't know if it could be a plug miss firing or something else it just sounds like if you were to cover up the exhaust with your hand for a second then take it away. could the tranny problem be the plates slippin or could it be my valve body? please help if you can I have heard of rebuild kits out there I just don't know where to start. here is a list of mods
4lb pulley
jlp intake
accufab tb
lfp valve body
predator tune by sal
egr delete
cat less
thank you for your time Justin

Last edited:

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
It could be the valve body but check fuses you may have a bad relay its the box under the hood check owner manual.

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
Mine was doing almost the same thing as yours, but I lost overdrive with the problem and the torque converter stayed locked. The thumping noise might be the converter being locked. I took it to a couple of shops to have them do a diagnostic test on it. No one could find the problem without taking the trans out, but did say it acted like the was a pump problem. I opted to just replace it with a BTS trans. Like you I thought it might be the VB so I asked Brian at BTS if he thought it could be the valve body causing it, I didn't want to sell the VB if there was a possibility it was bad. He said he doubted very much it was the problem. Anyway ,I sold th VB and its working fine in its new home. Hope its nothing serious and it will be a quick fix.

The BTS trans is awesome, best thing I could have done.:pepper: :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread