P1227 Engine Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pody

I have a '08 GT500 that just kicked out a P1227 engine code. Can anyone help out with what the possible is might be?

Grey03

Established Member
I just had the same thing on my car when I installed the TVS. It means you have a bad boost bypass. You can check to see if it is working by looking at the bypass valve when the car is at idle. It is located on the driver side back of the supercharger. It looks like a black canister with a metal rod coming out. It should be pulled all the way back (open) when the car is running at idle. When the car is off it will be all the way closed.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
P1227 Wastegate Failed Closed (Over Pressure)

Last edited:

Pody

So if the boost bypass is not working, what does this mean? Time for an upgrade on superchargers? None of the ford dealers that I have called can find the part.

Seahorse

Established Member
*deleted*...posted in wrong topic DOH!

Last edited:

Grey03

Established Member
So if the boost bypass is not working, what does this mean? Time for an upgrade on superchargers? None of the ford dealers that I have called can find the part.

Well here is the crazy thing. According to my dealer the bypass comes with the supercharger. So, they have to order a complete supercharger to replace the bypass valve..... Did you check to see if it was working?

frydguy79

Established Member
Well here is the crazy thing. According to my dealer the bypass comes with the supercharger. So, they have to order a complete supercharger to replace the bypass valve..... Did you check to see if it was working?

i got 2-3 take offs
pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread