P1516 Code.. Anyone in AZ?

imstillclowning

Established Member
Alrighty so i just got back from deployment and im driving my car and the damn check engine light came on.. SOB if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.. Anyways, I got it checked out and the code is stated above, P1516 which is the IMRC Input Error/ Bank 1... I have to get this bad boy registered still and drive it to Las Vegas this weekend.. So i was wondering before i take it to Sanderson ford or another Ford dealership, Is there any Mechanic here that is in the Phoenix Area that would like to make some money? I'd rather give my business to someone on here before i go somewhere else, since i come to this website alll the time! Let me know ASAP, PM me for my cell phone so we can get in contact. Also does anyone know how long this would take to fix and how much am i looking at spending :rockon:
Any info would be very appreciated!

VMC

Established Member
The IMRCs are probably just nice and stuck after just sitting there during your deployment (assuming the car wasn't driven while you were gone.) You could try to do some runs through the rpms under load and see if that won't clean them up for you. Clear the code before and after, and see if it comes back on.

If the code persists, it's around $300 here to do an IMRC delete. If you have gears or a power adder, then delete those bad boys.

imstillclowning

Established Member
Yea it was just sitting while I was gone. Thanks for the input, I've tried that but the check engine light still comes on. I do have a Headers and down exhaust setup and 4.30's i have to install still. So i'm guessing i should just do the IMRC delete. But i have no clue on what i have to buy in order to do that, Nor do i know where the IMRC is haha. Is there any gains in doing the delete, or is it just to get rid of the pain of them gunking up?

VMC

Established Member
It will kill some down low torque but give good gains in the upper rpm's. But with 4.10s, you won't notice any loss of torque. There is a thread about halfway down the page of a vendor on here selling IMRC delete plates. It's not that hard to do yourself if you have the tools and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread