Pacing requirements

skorost

Established Member
I was interested in knowing what the usual requirements are for pacing. I read somewhere that it requires some fundamental training and experience to hold up in court as well as a sufficient time frame during the pacing process itself.

for example: let's say I tail a guy for a few miles and am actually only interested in checking out the car, so I look for something like front plates, cats, or tint. Never mind the fact he was doing 85, I didn't want to really pull em over for that in an 03 Cobra. So maybe when I pulled up next to em he thought I was taunting him a bit in a Camaro. So I pull back behind em and he waits for no traffic on the highway and gives me a run through fourth gear and lets off. I could only pace em when he let off and slowed back down because he left me like I was standing still. Top of fourth in an 03 cobra with 4:10s in the rear is about 105 by my approximation. (Yes, I asked a lot of questions about all the mods and he was a nice fellow, very apologetic. ) So, do I go for reckless or settle with the commonwealth attorney at just speeding ?

That is just my theoretical example as I am not a LEO...

Users who are viewing this thread