Paging Flyin' Fred

b4409

Established Member
Hey Fred,

Quick question: how did you run your cooling ducts with the SLA setup? Fortunately or unfortunately, my 88 LX has the SLA system that you've given up on. I'd like to get the car on track at least once this year for nostalgia's sake but I'd like to run some cooling ducts. Just curious if there is some particular backing plate setup that you found worked. Otherwise, I'm going to just point the hose, however, it's a bit tight in there with the coilover blocking the front half of the rotor and the spindle taking up most of the rest.

Thanks!

BruceB

Andy M

Established Member
Bruce,

I may be wrong on this, but I do not think you can run cooling ducts with the SLA setup. I am sure Fred or someone else more knowlegable will chime in and confirm or deny this.

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Bruce, you can run brake ducts on the SLA - but we couldn't use the stock ones the 2000 came with. Doug fabricated a special piece that he welded on so that air was directed at the center of the hub. I believe he used some 3" exhaust pipe to do it. It was well done and very effective.

b4409

Established Member
It's a little tight, but I'm going to try to get the hose in there and see if it stays. Looks there might be an opportunity to mount it on the forward side of the upright. Anyway, I thought I'd ask since you've been there and done that. It's really a car that doesn't get driven much and I hate to spend the time. But, I hope to get it on track again and I know I won't be able to keep my foot out of it after getting used to the R -especially since the old girl has an extra 150 hp, a full cage, and weaker brakes :eek: Hopefully the SLA stays in one pc. for my fun runs :)

Users who are viewing this thread