Paid Off my bike today Gonna have some extra cash soon

MidNight Snake

Established Member
So today I finally paid off my bike. Its an 02 GSXR 600. I've had it since it was new, and is in good shape. I should be able to get around 6k for it, thats what most of the people are asking for with the amount of millage I have. I told myself when I finally paid it off I would sell it and get a supercharger. Im definately leaning towards a NOVI 2000. Where do you guys think is the cheapest place to get one new? I won't be able to get it for atleast a month, but Im already getting excited.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
get a procharger instead. before the S/C, get the car lowered, subframes, and upper/lower CA's. with all the power, you will need it.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Why would I want to get a procharger? They are overpriced to begin with. The novi 2000 is one of the most versitile superchargers out there. It can operate anywhere from 8 psi to 25 psi. I already ordered a bullet suspesion setup and should be in any day. Although I wanted it for the ride not lowering. A 2" drop would just make it look retarded, not to mention make it hook alot worse. I already decided on what I want, I was just asking where's the cheapest place to find it. I don't understand why u replied.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
eh, its a lazy blower at 8 psi. its just not designed to be spun that slow.

cheapest kits are like 3300

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Yeah thats the cheapest I have found. What setup are you running. I will still have plenty left over. What do you think of the paxton intercooler on just an 8 psi setup for now. I will eventually be building up the bottom end but what would the harm be in geting the intercooler now. Cooler is safer.

Quadcammer

Established Member
i ran the novi 2k non cooled at 15 psi.
i just added the cooler and plan to run 18psi.

the problem is that the novi will push about 12 psi with the stock pulley.

if you add the cooler you can get it back down to 9 psi.

trouble is that with everything, you are looking at 4800 shipped without install, any fuel stuff (pumps/maf/injectors) or a tune.

if you put in an aviator pump thats 180 bux, then 400 for 42s, and 250 for an maf. then add 50 for a boost gauge, 200 for fuel pressure, 500 for a tune, and about 500 for install, you are out the door for 6900.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
quadcammer said:
i ran the novi 2k non cooled at 15 psi.
i just added the cooler and plan to run 18psi.

the problem is that the novi will push about 12 psi with the stock pulley.

if you add the cooler you can get it back down to 9 psi.

trouble is that with everything, you are looking at 4800 shipped without install, any fuel stuff (pumps/maf/injectors) or a tune.

if you put in an aviator pump thats 180 bux, then 400 for 42s, and 250 for an maf. then add 50 for a boost gauge, 200 for fuel pressure, 500 for a tune, and about 500 for install, you are out the door for 6900.

I thought the novi 2000 kit for our cars come with a restrictor to knock it down to 8 psi to begin with. The intercooler is saposed to drop boost down 2 psi with a small bump up in hp, or so I hear. I know hardly anyone runs one at that low of boost, but 6 psi of cool air and 400 or so hp sounds inticing. Your math seems a little fuzzy. So 3300 for the kit, plus $1300 for the intercooler plus $300 or so for injectors and MAF, $250 for presure regulator and meter and $500 for a tune, I'll install myself. Thats about $5750 or so. Still pricey and you are probably right it isnt worth it. Without the intercooler $4500 for everything, does sounds alot better.

Quadcammer

Established Member
I don't think they ship with restrictors anymore. mine certainly didn't have it.

3300 for the kit and 1300 for the intercooler. add about 75 bux to ship each one since they are big. thats 4750.

300 for injectors and an maf? where are you getting 42s for like 200 bux? and the only maf that cheap is an lmaf and thats still like 150 bux. i was using a pro m price.

250 for a pressure regulator, 180 for the pump, 200 for the gauge, 50 for the boost gauge, and 500 for a tune. you save the install cost, but trust me that intercooler install is no picnic.

so even using your unrealistic 300 for the maf/injectors you are still looking.
you are still looking at like 6300

MidNight Snake

Established Member
I don't mean to nit pick here but I gave you a link with that price for injectors and MAF. It is the lightning MAF, but from the experiance I have had with aftermarket meters and from alot of knowledgable resorces, Ford meters are far superior.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Mine didn't come with the restrictor and I see 12 pounds at 6700-6800 rpms. You should look into purchasing all SCT stuff, chip, MAF and get some 60 lb injectors so you don't have to change them out later on down the road.

Quadcammer

Established Member
MidNight Snake said:
I don't mean to nit pick here but I gave you a link with that price for injectors and MAF. It is the lightning MAF, but from the experiance I have had with aftermarket meters and from alot of knowledgable resorces, Ford meters are far superior.
my bad, that is a good price.

ford meters are very good but aftermarket ones are needed above 500rwhp cause everything else pegs.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
blk96SVT said:
Mine didn't come with the restrictor and I see 12 pounds at 6700-6800 rpms. You should look into purchasing all SCT stuff, chip, MAF and get some 60 lb injectors so you don't have to change them out later on down the road.

Should I really go with such large injectors right away. It might take some time before I could get the bottom end built up, and I herd the larger the injector the greater amount of drivabilitty issues you have.

Quadcammer

Established Member
not always the case. the 60lb injectors have a 30 degree spray pattern for better fuel atomization causing better driveability then normal large injectors. I run them and don't have any fuel related problems aside from a hard start every once in a while.

btw, don't buy a blower until you can afford a rebuild in the next few months.

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
after seeing $6000+ bucks for a novi, I bet your leaning towards a procharger now huh? anyways heres a link to a COMPLETE procharger kit for $3000. comes with everything you need
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-9...38634QQitemZ7996393479QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

all you would need to do is buy a different pulley.

Your joking right. First off that thing is used. I have no interest in a procharger. You could put together a novi setup with and FMU for under 4k. Let it go.

Quadcammer

Established Member
i agree about it being used but i don't understand why you have such a hardon for the novi.

its a lazy ass blower with lower boost. it needs to be spun to hit its efficency peak. to do so would mean power well over your stock engines capabilites.

and don't you dare run an fmu.

Users who are viewing this thread