Paint My New Mufflers Or Leav em' Alone?

Intruder

Established Member
I was lucky enough to get a set of the KR mufflers off of BOI. I think they'd look better painted flat black. I haven't seen anyone mention doing this before so maybe I'm missing something..... I'm thinking black BBQ paint.??

Anyone install these yet on the factory x-pipe?

I've heard the x flows better than the H,but Shelby went with H to be 50 state sound authorized since the x is louder......fact or fiction?

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
I would not paint them but thats JMO. Since you are asking I dont think it would look good but to each his own.

69b302

Established Member
I was lucky enough to get a set of the KR mufflers off of BOI. I think they'd look better painted flat black. I haven't seen anyone mention doing this before so maybe I'm missing something..... I'm thinking black BBQ paint.??

I've heard the x flows better than the H,but Shelby went with H to be 50 state sound authorized since the x is louder......fact or fiction?

Getting the paint to stick and last is not an easy thing. That is why most quality exhasut coating require the parts be sent out. I would not use paint, but maybe Jet hot or one of the other can coat in your desired color.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
The paint I mentioned above currently covers some of the finest exhaust systems in existence...including the ones below...use it and you'll be happy.

3" Mandrel, Custom H-Pipe, 14" polished Magnaflows and some "snaken" over the axle tailpipes....custom painted in high-Temp Black

IMG_1942.gif

IMG_1943.gif

IMG_1944.gif

IMG_1945.gif

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member

Install those KRs and post a video. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread