Paint or Powder Coat

devildog1679

Established Member
I have Kona Blue and wanted to get Matt black wheels. I like the brembo wheels so I was thinking of just painting them. Should I paint them or have them Powder coated. I can get them coated for $200. Same question for brake calipers both front and rear. Coat or paint. Going to do Yellow.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
powdercoat the wheels if you are going to do matte black. Also I'm not sure the benefits to painting calipers over powdercoating, but if you are going to powdercoat the wheels I would just have the same person do the calipers

devildog1679

Established Member
So the flat black would look better powder coated and if I went with a gloss black better painted?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I agree with powdercoating the wheels especially for 200, I paid 500+ for mine so that is a good price. The Calipers you have to be more careful with I wouldn't trust just anyone. It takes ome knowledge to take them apart and rebuild them, and I for one don't want mine split so I'm painting mine. Powder coating your calipers is also super expensive I 've been quoted 200 if I rebuilt them and up to 1200 for a shop to do it. My Evo Brembos come factory painted and they are very durable. The durable paint called 2k paint is hard to find in a lot of colors and pretty bad fumes I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread