Paint Protection Film

bpmurr

Established Member
Well I don't even have 2500 miles yet and already have a few chips. I'm thinking about paint protection film. Anyone have first hand experience with Maryland area installers and could provide a recommendation?

I'd like to get something done before I drive down to Charlotte for the Mustang 50th Anniversary celebration.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i know there is a place right by my parents who gets high praises. ill get the info

Its off of Rt 40 in ellicott city

brianz426

Established Member
Mike,
You may want to search "clear bra" in the 2013-14 Shelby GT500 Section. I remember a lot of discussion about different brands on this topic last year. There wasn't any local recommendations that I could remember but I do know there is at least 3 or 4 brands to choose from. Prices varied from $300-$800. I've also heard 3M has a do it yourself system you spray from an aerosol can.

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I've used the 3M spray on system.

Works great, at first. After only a couple of washes it began to flake or peel where there were bug impacts and trying to wash them off. I still have it on the fender protection areas and it seems to last there, but on the front I only have it left on the hood itself, the other areas it's come up and I had to peel it off.

For temp use I've used road film, which is a film that goes on for an event like a trackday and then you peel it off. Good for temp protection, better than taping IMO.

It costs a bit, but I still think a film based pro install of 3M or equivalent is the way to go.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I think Zak is talking about this guy.....below. Rob Freeman is the guy. He has done my last two cars. No one better trust me. Alot of people say they are but, I've seen ALOT of the work afterwards and I would never use them. Tell him I sent you......trust me you'll be happy. I'm going to tell you though....it won't be cheap but then why would you cheap out on your prized possession?

CONTACT

» Office Headquarters, and Shop

Address: 3220-D Corporate Ct. Ellicott City, MD 21042
Email:* General / Sales
Toll Free:* 1-866-PRO-3682
Phone:* (410)750-8371
Fax:* 410-750-8370
Feel free to give us a call or send us mail, but the best way to get a price quote for your car is by filling out our price quote form. We will then be able to get back to you on a quote specific to your needs.

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I'll contact Rob tomorrow for a quote. I got a quote from D&L who is a certified 3M installer and it's $795 for the bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread