Paint Sucks

kizersoze

Established Member
Originally posted by sapper
Anyone else have a orange peal look to the paint.
I have this, but its not to bad. You have to look for it. At least it feels smooth. The sides look fine, but the hood and top have the little orange peal effect.

Orange peel is just a fact of life with factory painted cars...the only way to get rid of it is to wet sand it, which with how thin clearcoats are nowadays you might have to re-clearcoat it after wet sanding, but, you never know.

I have a black car and some sections have orange peel, you just learn to live with it.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
My dealer told me that if I had any problems with paint whatsoever, they would repaint the whole vehicle (got the extended warranty, dunno if it's part of it). I don't know about this orange peel, or what it looks like, but isn't the dealer supposed to do something about it under warranty?

kizersoze

Established Member
With my car (although its not a ford) the service manager told me that Orange Peel is within exceptable paint specifications and does not warrent the vehicle to be repainted, so, I would assume the same for Ford but I could be wrong.

Fred G

Established Member
Hey Guys,
The paint on my silver Snake is flawless and after spending 20 years in the automobile business (Chevy...sorry guys), I have to say mine is one of the best factory paint jobs I’ve ever seen.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra
Actually, energy is properly transferred from the paint to the hood- and unless the force is enough to bend the steel, the paint will not flex/chip.

Throw a marble at a painted drywall and you'll chip it. Throw a marble at a painted cement wall and you won't.

I now have a dent in my drywall - but no chip. Maybe they use different drywall/paint in the Great White North? I liked BC when I traveled there, took the old cross continent train with the sleeper cars with skydomes. Lovely.

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Cobra'03
I now have a dent in my drywall - but no chip. Maybe they use different drywall/paint in the Great White North? I liked BC when I traveled there, took the old cross continent train with the sleeper cars with skydomes. Lovely.

LOL good job!

I took a cross-continent drive from Quebec-BC in my car when I moved here... I wish I could have taken the train. I didn't enjoy it much since it was Nov and I was driving through snow/rain/frogs/fog... hehe. If you're ever in BC again, shoot me a PM and we'll meet up!

Users who are viewing this thread