@#$@#% PAINT!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Ok well dammit I had to leave my car out yesterday and yes, it SNOWED. Unbelievable. Anyway, the ice caked on and I got most of it off, but today when I had to drive in I didn't scrape the snow off from the hood and top because it might have scratched the paint I figured it would melt off or slide off harmlessly in chunks.

Well I made a huge stop and the entire roof chunk slid off in one piece. I checked the roof and there is a spot with a bunch of tiny scratches all the way through to the primer layer. Man this stuff is thin; it's amazing only that amount of paint could be put on!!

Anyway, is there anything I can do to mend the scratches? What products do you use and how well do they work?

Thanks.

rskdsk

Established Member
I have had my car for 2 weeks now, I have got 1400 miles on it, and the front of the car is covered with tiny chips. This paint really stinks! I do not know how the chips got there, it not like I was following behing a dump truck full of rocks .... but from the front of the car, you would probably think I did. I plan on going bad to the dealer this week and showing them it ... maybe they'll do something?

KNGOBRA

Banned
I've HAD the same chip sizes on my hood and they're getting BIGGER all the time. I guess after each wash job or even cruising at freeway speeds, is peeling away the paint even more....:cuss:

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
the paint is crap o la, i would love to get another coat of clear on it but dont know how much that goes for, i get scared washing it cause every time i do i see another damn scratch, and i dont even drive it much!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Whatever happened to hot cup epoxy clearcoat? I used to paint the color coats, and then finish with hot-applied 2-part epoxy paint that set up really hard. Ford USED to apply something along the rocker panels to prevent rock chips, now -- nothing.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I know what you mean. I do a ton of freeway driving, and am just waiting for the chips to start showing up on the front. In testimony to the thin paint, I actually watched a damn bird scramble to land on my rear fender several times while I was at work, and when I got to my car at the end of the day, sure enough, scratch marks from that bird! That's a little rediculous if you have to worry about stuff like that!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Is this something we can complain about and get done as warranty work? For gawd's sake I shouldn't have to worry about paint scraping off after it snows...wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread