painted my polished Throttle body. With some

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just covered up my polish job on my T/B with some color change paint similar to that of the MystiChrome Cobra. I painted my T/B, and a few other small Itmes under the hood. It looks badd A$$. It looks much better than I though it would. I am thinking about painting my Intake Manifold, and Cam covers with it also, and mabe incorporate some type of design that shows up like ghost flames, but not ghost flames. Just wanting something different. The strangest part was that My wife actually liked it.

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
Just covered up my polish job on my T/B with some color change paint similar to that of the MystiChrome Cobra. I painted my T/B, and a few other small Itmes under the hood. It looks badd A$$. It looks much better than I though it would. I am thinking about painting my Intake Manifold, and Cam covers with it also, and mabe incorporate some type of design that shows up like ghost flames, but not ghost flames. Just wanting something different. The strangest part was that My wife actually liked it.

Come on man! WHERE ARE THE PICS??!????!??!?!??!?!?!?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have to wait until I go to my father-in-laws. he has the dig. cam. But as soon as I get pics, I will post them.

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
I have to wait until I go to my father-in-laws. he has the dig. cam. But as soon as I get pics, I will post them.

Don't forget to post them. Can't wait to see :burnout:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I saw some color changing type paint at Auto Zone ... is that the same stuff (spray can)?

Dan

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Dano
I saw some color changing type paint at Auto Zone ... is that the same stuff (spray can)?

Dan

That's The Stuff. It works great, and looks even better. Just do exactly as the instructions say, and be patient.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Wildcard
Pics!!!! I wanna c

Tell you what. I have to get with my Father-in-law. He has a great Dig cam. Mine is like 4 years old and take crappy pics. I will try to get with him today and post tonight or tomorrow. I have some pics of the colorchange paint job that I did under my hood that I will post also.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How well has the paint job held up? I've used that stuff on models before, but never thought it would be usable on an engine that gets so warm.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by 97greensnake
yea, they make heat paint for engines....if not the paint will melt...

I know they make heat paint for engines, but I've never seen or heard of color changing heat paint...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Tabres
I know they make heat paint for engines, but I've never seen or heard of color changing heat paint...

Mine isn't engine paint, and it isn't melting. It is as good as day one, and it has been almost a month since I did it, and I have driven it a lot, and no problems. The paint does get hot, but as long as it is not on the engine blosk it should be fine. most paints are good for temperatures between 300 and 500 degrees Ferinheight. 500 degrees and up is considered engine block paint.

Users who are viewing this thread