Painted rear valence

iveihman

97VMAN
Established Member
Painted the rear valence flat black a couple days ago. Lemme know what yall think.

I also found out shes #775 of 6961
paintec.jpg

img0475ahb.jpg

img3023gj.jpg

img6882x.jpg

Tickle

Established Member
Looks great! I've thought about plasti dipping mine so I can remove later if I don't like it.

iveihman

97VMAN
Established Member
Thanks guys
It was super easy to do. Took about three hours and most of that was covering the rear of the car up and taping. other than that all i did was use a sort of scotch pad from advance so the paint would stick better, sprayed three coats, and waited like two hours to take it off.
I love it!

SVT Rob

Established Member
Post pics when you're done in the sn95 pics thread; I have debated painting it on my yellow 98...

Looks great op!
I've done mine, it looks 10x better. Should have been this way from the factory.

2013-03-09_18-28-29_821_zpse47df80f.jpg

100_3281_zps9d724116.jpg

Thanks guys
It was super easy to do. Took about three hours and most of that was covering the rear of the car up and taping. other than that all i did was use a sort of scotch pad from advance so the paint would stick better, sprayed three coats, and waited like two hours to take it off.
I love it!
I used a semi-gloss black instead of a flat-black, but the prep work is indeed the hardest part. I actually wet-sanded mine, and then did 3-4 coats.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Looks awesome. This is why I've always hated having a black car because I can't have any black accents lol

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
I love it on the red and yellow! Think it would look good on any color besides Mystic and black lol

Users who are viewing this thread