Painting a polished blower???

black 10th vert

Established Member
It depends if they actually polish the raw material or coat it in a ceramichrome coating.

Oh, and Whipple actually alternates between powdercoating and anodizing their black blowers.

This information is incorrect. The only parts that Whipple anodizes are the snouts, and the old billet base plates. This is because casting does not take anodize like billet does. KB on the other hand utilizes anodizing on their blower bodies because those are extrusions that are machined (you will notice that they leave the front and rear housing bare, or powdercoat those because they are castings).;-) As for whether it holds more heat... obviously PC will hold more heat than anodizing because PC is an actual surface coating like paint, whereas anodize is a much thinner oxide type surface treatment. Whipple has NEVER anodized the finned center section of their blowers because it is cast.

TRBO VNM

Got to love the internet! I think its funny that someone can say "I heard that powder coating holds too much heat..." Where is the proof to back this statement?. Whipples come powder coated... so that means my polished blower should run cooler than a black one right? Wrong my blower runs hot as hell!! Just like the black ones do.

:lol: I didn't hear anything. I read it and researched it. I am not going back through doing it again. I did it once to find the info and am just relaying what I READ. And as others have kindly stated after, they have the same knowledge.

If anything, it is something the OP should look more into before making a decision, that is all.

Satyr

Established Member
This information is incorrect. The only parts that Whipple anodizes are the snouts, and the old billet base plates.

Wait, you're saying that my information about Whipple anodizing parts is incorrect? Then you go on to say that Whipple anodizes their snouts?

So, in other words, Whipple uses both powder coating and anodizing, as I said. I never said which was used where, I simply said that both are utilized by them.

Here's a link to one of their blowers where they state that they use both:
Whipple Industries

Users who are viewing this thread