Painting my Blower

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
O.k. guys I want to paint my blower. My question is is it safe to have the blower sandblasted ? I was thinking of using some aircraft paint stripper, but its $25-30 for a gallon of it, where its only $50-60 to have it sand blasted at a local powdercoat place. If I did have it sand blasted what would I have to do to prep it ?? Would I have to worry about replacing or rebuilding the blower after it being blasted ?? I plan to paint the blower a black wrinkle with some VHT high temp (SP-201) Wrinkle paint. Also, what size and thread are the bolts that attatch the blower snout to the case ?? I was thinking of getting a set of polished SS bolts if possible. Please give me some info asap guys gotta get this all done soon. Thanks.

Black-Lightning

Struck By Lightning
Established Member
Hey man, I simply used dupli color paint stripper and put a whjole spray bottle of it on. I let it sit for about 15 - 20 min and the paint peeled right off. Then i did a lights sand form major imperfections only. I finished it off with high gloss black. (duplicolor) Then i waited a day for it to drey and taped around the eaton logo on the blower. Sanded it down to metal/ polsihed the logo. Then i cleared the entire blower. O ya i taped off all of the openings duh! Old pics but yo get the idea...

HPIM0269.jpg

HPIM0270.jpg

HPIM0281.jpg

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
do you have the can number for the stripper you used ?? from what I got out of searches, the aircraft stuff was supposed to be the stripper to get but, at almost 30 for a gallon of it plus all the work to do it, it would just be easier to sand blast it. That being if I dont have to worry about the seals and small parts inside the blower getting destroyed from the blasting procedure....

Last edited:

97SVT#777

Established Member
You won't need as much aircraft paint remover as you may think. I repainted my intercooler tubes on my cobra when it was supercharged and I used less than 1 can of paint remover. It took off 4 coats of color, 4 coats of clear, AND the stock powdercoated finish under that. The stuff works really well.

The stuff I have is Tal-Strip II made by Mar-Hyde #3711.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread