Palmer Motorsports Road course video - brand new track

dmichaels

Established Member
Can't remember if I posted this already... couple laps at a new track in Palmer, Mass here in the Northeast. Very, very fun course

[video]https://youtu.be/D4GIzXoy_Y0[/video]

[youtube_browser]D4GIzXoy_Y0[/youtube_browser]

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Cant wait to try this ! Just opened and has some mixed reviews!

M91196

Established Member
The drama has started again with the noise complainers. So much NIMBY in these old dead mill towns.

SVTDarin

Established Member
Looks like a great track but I thought Road Atlanta had no room for error that track has almost no run-off room.

What data logger / track app is that?

wmfateam

Established Member
That track looks amazing! Very jealous. Reminds me if one of the made up tracks from Forza.

96 cobra

Established Member
When the hell did this happen? haha... Awesome news!

Great elevation changes, I really have to get a track car.

svt1111

Established Member
Thanks for posting this. I am going there next week with the SCDA. Looks like a fun track. Probably a 2nd-3rd gear track for my car, which will really test out the limits of my "human" powered traction control nannies. Hope to avoid a spin out here.

dmichaels

Established Member
Thanks for posting this. I am going there next week with the SCDA. Looks like a fun track. Probably a 2nd-3rd gear track for my car, which will really test out the limits of my "human" powered traction control nannies. Hope to avoid a spin out here.

I'll be there with SCDA on Thursday as well... it's a very fun course.

The runout is limited, but when driving it, I didn't really worry for the majority of the time. Only one or two spots where I was slightly concerned. But really, most of the tracks in the Northeast have very little runout. Check out the esses at the Glen, or the uphill or downhill at Limerock... Granted, no cliffs, but very little runout.

Anyways, the track layout and flow is very good. I'm excited to get back there with my BFG R1's and see how much faster the track has become now that there is some rubber on the track!

SVT1111 - I've seen your viper out quite a few times I think. I'll try to catch up with you if I have some free time. I'll be instructing, so typically quite busy, especially with this being a new track to most people

dmichaels

Established Member
The drama has started again with the noise complainers. So much NIMBY in these old dead mill towns.

The town is complaining again already? Sure hope Palmer stays open. There can't be more than a couple people that live within hearing distance... I'm always amazed at how the minority can ruin so many things for the majority.

dmichaels

Established Member
Looks like a great track but I thought Road Atlanta had no room for error that track has almost no run-off room.

What data logger / track app is that?

Video and data is all from Harry's Lap Timer, which is an app for the iphone. This one was done with my iphone 4s, but I just got the 6. I should be able to do multi-cam, just have to sort it out... very cool app and it's quite accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread