Papa Smurf Vs. Z28 & Buick GN

AMD[H]unter

Banned
We were all out racing on Saturday night, and I had scoped out a Z26 6MT that I wanted to run. I had been told that it was pretty stout, and wasn't stock, so I figured I'd see if he wanted to run. Brad worked on him (yes, we were in the same car and didn't kill each other), and finally got him to run me. At first we did it from a dig (my choice) on Some Rd. I got him by.....1/8th of a mile or so. I was actually able to get the car out of the hole this time. I think he gave up at the top of 2nd gear, so I really don;t know how bad I beat him.

Then, he wanted to run from a roll, and I agreed. I asked him what he had done to it, and he cockily said "You'll see after we run." This just stirred my grits, so I was determined to rip him a new one, which I promptly did when we did the roll race. We lined up at 40MPH, and I honked it off...I had him by about 5 carlengths at the end. (At this time, I pulled over and let the car cool down and so we could see what was done to the Z28) He wanted to run again, so we did it again, and I was short shifting from 40MPH, at about 5000RPM, and sort of feathering it in 4th gear so it wouldn't be so hard on the car....I still got him by 4 lengths.

Side story: Earlier that night, after Hershell raced a 02GT, we were going back to regroup, the guy in the Buick Grand National wanted to run me. I had me, Jason, and Brad in the car, plus my jackstands from working on the car that morning, oh, and a full tank of gas...so I was very heavy. The GN was an auto, and we did it from a dig, and I wasted him, and I felt the clutch slip a little in 2nd. I tihnk I got him by about 6 or 7 lengths.

All in all, it was a fun night for a little racing. I have video of the Z28 run on the camera that I will upload soon.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
So what was the scoop with the Z28? What did he have done to it, that led him to be so sure he was going to smoke you? Those boys and their mullets, they affect the thought process :rollseyes.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
ha.. thats it, the way he was talking he had much more.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
What the hell was he thinking? Does he even know what an 03 Cobra is?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;5993051 said:
Yes, he told me he had been wanting to race one for a while now. He got some medicine....:lol1:

:bored: Tell him he needs to stick to the stock Mach 1's.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;5993072 said:
The only Mach 1 around here (that I see out, anyway) would hand me my ass...bad advice. :lol1:

:lol: Time for a KB! Dude your car looks SO sick with that sonic blue! :rockon:

rubber duck

Established Member
Wow, camaro guys have mullets, and cobra owners quickly move racing to the nearest bench where they pull out their dyno sheets and talk about how they would kick your ass on paper. Do any of you guys talking shit actually have a fast car? PM me if you want to set something up with a slow ass LS1.

Last edited:

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Wow, camaro guys have mullets, and cobra owners would rather quote dyno numbers than track numbers. Do any of you guys talking shit actually have a fast car? PM me if you want to set something up with a slow ass LS1.

It's a joke, dude. I have a slow car, so I can't talk shit.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Wow, camaro guys have mullets, and cobra owners quickly move racing to the nearest bench where they pull out their dyno sheets and talk about how they would kick your ass on paper. Do any of you guys talking shit actually have a fast car? PM me if you want to set something up with a slow ass LS1.

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread