Parents of SVT..... looking for car seat info.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Ok we are expecting our 1st child in Aug and will be registering soon so now its time for research on car seats. Only thing is that I am a little overwhelmed about how many are on the market and where to start. I have been over to NHTSA website but that just gives me ratings sure, but I am really wanting some real hands on info on what you like and what you didn't like about yours. Maybe even some pointers on what to look for.

Thanks!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i have the bright green one i got from walmart Graco i believe for Noah our 2 yr old. he likes it and its comfy. our daughter has the one with the base attached. what info do you need? just get one thats comfy enough for long trips if need be, good amount of cushion but not too damn bulky lol. both fit comfy in my 97 Cobra, of course i mean one at a time though.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Don't get the car seats that stay in the car, get the carrier kind. It's so much easier for transporting them, especially when they are newborn. We have the Graco Snugride car seats for our 10 month old twins and they work great. Also make sure the cover is removable and washable!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. We ended up getting one of the Graco seats with an interchangeable base though. One base in each car, and one baby in one seat..lol.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
+1 Get the Graco with the car seat and the stroller.
For other cars you just need to extra bases and not necessarily get separate car seats.

This is what my brother and sister in law have. They have used it on both of my nieces and I must say, it's pretty nice. Pick the carrier up out of its base in the car and plop it in the stroller. When I get my clones going, this is what I'm using.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I had the stroller/car seat combo when my son was still in that. Now, I own three car seats, one for each car. Graco is a good brand. There are a lot of different brands out there, can get confusing for sure.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
oh snap! i almost forgot, put a towel down underneath the carsseat or buy the leather protector. If not the carseat will eat up your leather like no other! thats what i use and my backseat has been ok. i've seen my buddies escalade and OMG it was destroyed lol

Users who are viewing this thread