parking brake adjustment 91 notch

jamessims

Established Member
I have a 90 model thunderbird rear end under my 91 notch that i put in for the disk brakes...... Iam now making custom emergency brakes for them but need to loosen up the adjustment on the car to set them just right.... unless someone knows of a way to rig it up with orginal plus other parts to make this work!! any help will be appreciated!! Thanks

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's not an uncommon conversion. There are several sets of e-brake cables available that will fit the fox cars, do some searching around to find out which set you should use with your setup. Once you get the correct cable, you'll probably also want to remove the self adjusting spring from the e-brake handle so you don't end up dragging your rear brakes.

jamessims

Established Member
Thanks

I found a few things on the web I ll post them so maybe someone can help me make the correct combination!! This article says 4 lug but I have a 5 lug setup which shouldnt change anything.....

5. Rear Disc Upgrades: '87-88 Ford ThunderBird Turbo Coupe/'93 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes:

These are 4 lug 10" vented rotors. This is a great swap if you can find the whole rear end! It is a 8.8" rear end, and the stock gear ratio is 3.55 for the manuals, 3.73 for the autos on the Turbo Coupes, and 3.08 on the 93 Cobra. Keep in mind the axle is .75" wider than the stock Mustangs, you will need to adapt the brake lines fittings. The easiest way is to use the drum brake rear hardlines and adapt at the caliper softlines. You need to drill the quad shock mounting holes 2" lower on the T-bird axle for the Mustang. For E-Brake cables, you need to purchase use the FMS cables. If you have a '93 vintage, you need to use the '93 Cobra cables. Ford made the '93 E-Brake cables like the Sn95 units with a center mounting in the tranny tunnel. 93 Cobra E-Brake cable #F3ZZ-2A635-A.

If you cannot get the whole axle or do not want it, get all the brake lines, calipers, bolts, rotors and axles. Then swap this into your existing axle. Here is a parts list that you need to do the swap from the '87-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe or '93 Cobra:

* 10" 4 lug vented rotors
* rear calipers
* rear caliper brackets
* Axles -- if you use the stock caliper brackets. They are 3/4" wider than the stock '87-93 units.
* soft brake lines
* (2)FMS M-2809-A ebrake cables for '87-92 cars, '93 Cobra units for '93 year cars
* (1) FMS M-2810-A center Ebrake cable
* FMS M2450-A proportioning valve solid end cap
* Adjustable proportioning valve
* new 2 port 4 wheel disc master cylinder (1" bore for stock front calipers or 1 1/16" for the 73mm fronts)
* 3-2 port master cylinder conversion. $25.00 shipped
* 2 adapter fittings to use the stock drum brake hardline with the softlines, $10

The discontinued Ford M-2300-C kits uses the same calipers and rotors from the 87-88 Turbo Coupe, but stock length axles. SSBC and other companies have picked up this Ford kit and sell them for about $600. If you can get the calipers and rotors, but not the axles or axle brackets, call North RaceCars for these brackets! These will allow you to use the stock length rear axles with the TC rear disc parts!

:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread