Parking Brake Help

ColdSteel

DSG FTW
Established Member
I honestly have no idea what the problem is with my parking brake, it has not worked since I bought the car. The mechanism is not tightening the cable at all. I could figure it out if I had a functioning one to look at. Any help is appreciated.

Video:
[ame=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/Merric/For%20Sale/?action=view&current=d36d8ffb.flv]For Sale :: Sprint PictureMail video by Merric - Photobucket[/ame]

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
I can't see the video (on my cell). But common probs are a broken/unwound spring in the handle, broken equalizer cable, or the cables are frozen/broke. Was the recall done on your parking brake handle?

ColdSteel

DSG FTW
Established Member
I can't see the video (on my cell). But common probs are a broken/unwound spring in the handle, broken equalizer cable, or the cables are frozen/broke. Was the recall done on your parking brake handle?

I've ran all 3 cables, none are broken. I dont know about the recall or how to identify if it was done. If I had to take a guess the spring is broken, the wheel that turns the cable is not turning with the rest of the mechanism.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
the recall has been done, its the clip right behind where the leather ends (clip that has a tiny bolt in it)

if the cable that goes through the floor pan isnt moving, you need a new handle. the spring assy. is more than likely broken. but if your putting a handle in, go ahead and put the equlizer cable on while you dont have tention on the system. they are known to break, and cheap enough while your in there.

Users who are viewing this thread