Part# for another rear view mirror?

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Is there a suitable alternative to the factory auto-dim rear view mirror? I thought about putting tape over the sensor or just disconnecting it, but the blue tint irks me and at night limits depth perception.

Then I thought about just buying an El Cheapo from Napa, but remembered this mirror has the compass sensor built in.

Help is appreciated.

PS this is for a 14 GT/CS

Last edited:

87hatchy

Established Member
Is there a suitable alternative to the factory auto-dim rear view mirror? I thought about putting tape over the sensor or just disconnecting it, but the blue tint irks me and at night limits depth perception.

Then I thought about just buying an El Cheapo from Napa, but remembered this mirror has the compass sensor built in.

Help is appreciated.

Ask you're dealer for a rearview from a base GT, they're not auto-dimming.

87hatchy

Established Member
Wonderful!

You wouldn't happen to have a part# handy for that would you?

No you shouldn't need one though. Just call your dealer's parts department, they should be able to look it up

My Base GT mirror is autodimming...

you must have the tech package then? I think that's the only way you can get it on the base. :shrug: Unless I'm losing my mind, and I very well may be! This winter is horrible, I haven't driven my car in so long, maybe I'm forgetting what my rearview looks like!

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
No you shouldn't need one though. Just call your dealer's parts department, they should be able to look it up

you must have the tech package then? I think that's the only way you can get it on the base. :shrug: Unless I'm losing my mind, and I very well may be! This winter is horrible, I haven't driven my car in so long, maybe I'm forgetting what my rearview looks like!
I do have a 301A Tech Package, so that may be the difference.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member

Help is appreciated.

The one out of my 12 Boss looks and acts like it came out of a 1978 Ford LTD... No auto dimming, no compass just a manual lever to change the angle at night to keep the lights out of your eyes... Swap you even and you pay shipping...

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I noticed mine has a tiny oval spot on it that is tinted now. (auto dimming mirror)

Anyone else have an issue with the auto dimming mirror messing up?

It's a small spot so it's not bad but if it gets worse I guess I'll hit up the dealer, it should be warranty work right?

Users who are viewing this thread