Part Number for Center Vents

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Anyone know the correct part number for the center vent which has the shut off levers? I know the early run cars had this. The later cars don't have the shut off levers.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
The numbers were listed here last fall.... Do a search.

However, I think that once Ford ran out of them, only the non-closing version would be stocked.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Petzuk
The numbers were listed here last fall.... Do a search.

However, I think that once Ford ran out of them, only the non-closing version would be stocked.

I ran a search but came up with no part numbers.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
It was a hit or miss thing with the central vents in the first run. I don't know that I've heard of any 2nd run cars having them.

I'm 2nd run and had to get the part and change it.

Kind of like the black antennas. Some are black.. others silver. What Ford was thinking when they sent Cobras out the door with black trim everywhere and a silver antenna is beyond me.

(mine came black btw)

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
I think this is the first year for the "missing" shutoffs. You should be able to order for model years '01 or '02, GT or Bullitt.

The problem being is the "missing" shutoffs replaces the previous part. So if one of the early folks who has them, needs a replacement, unless they find one laying around on a shelf someplace, they are SOL. The original w/shutoffs is no longer in the system. That is why folks are scrambling to find them.

Users who are viewing this thread