Partial stripes

finsrin

Established Member
After looking at pictures of the many color & stripe combinations. Thinking of removing two sets of stripes in front below hood and removing those below trunk lid.
A cleaner appearance w/o stripes chopped up at both ends ?
Of course will take closer look at that after delivery.

dustin88lx

Established Member
After looking at pictures of the many color & stripe combinations. Thinking of removing two sets of stripes in front below hood and removing those below trunk lid.
A cleaner appearance w/o stripes chopped up at both ends ?
Of course will take closer look at that after delivery.

Terrible idea...dont do it....lol srry just my opinion..wheres the soap

Dadz500

Established Member
IMO either pull off all the top stripes and leave the sides on, pull them all off all together, or leave perfection alone and leave them all on. IMO all Shelby's should have stripes as they did back in the day, just part of the Shelby tradition, I think anyway.

finsrin

Established Member
A few ways of treating the trim:
Remove only lowest stripes ront and rear.
Was also thinking of removing two main stripes, leaving side stripes on. Per Dadz500
Have hood and side stripes. Remove rest.

Other idea: removes all stripes, snakes, "SHELBY" on trunk, rear emblem. Then put on six cyl type markings with "MUSTANG" side stripe.
Or do it all with GT trim.
Sleeper fool-em (cops too) stuff.

Don't have car yet (hate the wait) so this is thought vapor.
Do have time to digest ideas.

finsrin

Established Member
Thanks for your stripes posts. Do see there is a "Shelbyness" in retaining all stripes.
After more picture pondering - I llean to removing all three sections of stripes on rear cuz they look chopped up to me and lowest small stripe on front. Undecided on stripes over front bumper.

Rear should have black part where plate mounts done in body color. Be a cleaner look. Maybe is a 2014 tweek. 2013 black cars get a free ride on that one.

VaporDude

Established Member
I have seen on the customizer that you can get a rear panel and paint it body color and add stripes to it. That cleaned up the rear stripe problem you have. I don't know who makes that panel but it does look good on the customizer.

Mustang_1900x1200.jpg

finsrin

Established Member
Nice !
With black stripes looks good. Not chopped up.
Though black stripes is the one color which does OK anyway with black pannel between lights and around license.
Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread