parts advice

98svtdroptop

98droptop
Established Member
I have a 98 cobra vert. Tomorrow I am dropping about 2,500 on parts. Just wanna make sure I get good stuff. Looking at h and r ss with bilstein shocks and struts(or tokico hp), m m caster camber plates, frp clutch, hawk brake pads ceramic, and new wheels and tires(maybe). Just wondering if these parts are a good choice. Also I have 18x9 saleens right now. Thought about going staggered. Am I going to have problems with scrubbing with my 18x9? Or if I decide to go with 18x9 and 18x10 would that be a problem? Please, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra vert. Tomorrow I am dropping about 2,500 on parts. Just wanna make sure I get good stuff. Looking at h and r ss with bilstein shocks and struts(or tokico hp), m m caster camber plates, frp clutch, hawk brake pads ceramic, and new wheels and tires(maybe). Just wondering if these parts are a good choice. Also I have 18x9 saleens right now. Thought about going staggered. Am I going to have problems with scrubbing with my 18x9? Or if I decide to go with 18x9 and 18x10 would that be a problem? Please, any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Good choice on the springs and struts/shocks. That's good stuff. Also good choice on the MM CC plates. Hawk HPS pads are good. Can't comment on the clutch yet. I would keep your current saleens, maybe get just the rear 18x10's. If you have good tires right now there is no point in spending that money.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Good choice on the springs and struts/shocks. That's good stuff. Also good choice on the MM CC plates. Hawk HPS pads are good. Can't comment on the clutch yet. I would keep your current saleens, maybe get just the rear 18x10's. If you have good tires right now there is no point in spending that money.

X2. Get the Bilsteins over those Tokiko HP's. A good lower control arm in the rear might be a good idea too while you are in there.

97cobra1

Established Member
I went with a spec clutch and i like mine. No idea on that particular clutch.

Our cars don't have factory c/c plates. hence the need for them on lowered cars so you can adjust the caster/camber properly.

I recommend the bilsteins as well. I actually went a step above and got the MM valved shocks struts that bilstein helps them produce, and love them. MM c/c plates, extreme duty LCA's and their street spring.

With 4.10s and the new BFG sport comp2 in 275 i can mat the pedal in first adn it hooks and goes. I can only imagine if i switched from teh stock UCA's tothe MM setup what would happen.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread