PARTS WANTED!!!!!!! for a tranny swap

da87gt

Established Member
I have a few questions. First off, has anyone here (im pretty sure some one has) ever swapped out a automatic with a t-45 on a 96+ mustang gt. If so, what parts were needed? Im thinking that you would need clutch and flywheel, master cylinder, possiably drive shaft, pedal assembly, and clutch cable. Is their really anything else you would need to do such as computer wise? I can get ahold of the tranny, bell housing, and shifter. Any one with the parts that i have listed and would like to get rid of, please contact me...Thanx alot guys!!!

Rob

da87gt

Established Member
the tranny is from a 96-01 gt that was wrecked so the bellhousing should be the same. + i also heard that i wouldnt need a new computer?? by the way, its going in a 96 mustang gt

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
da87gt said:
the tranny is from a 96-01 gt that was wrecked so the bellhousing should be the same. + i also heard that i wouldnt need a new computer?? by the way, its going in a 96 mustang gt

Yes, you'll need a new computer and won't need a bellhousing. With a T45 the bellhousing is a part of the transmission, it doesn't unbolt. The computer controls where the transmissions shifts, if you don't have the sensors and all that hooked up correctly you'll have a check engine light and be throwing codes because the computer is checking for those connections.

mikeD4V

Established Member
da87gt said:
I have a few questions. First off, has anyone here (im pretty sure some one has) ever swapped out a automatic with a t-45 on a 96+ mustang gt. If so, what parts were needed? Im thinking that you would need clutch and flywheel, master cylinder, possiably drive shaft, pedal assembly, and clutch cable. Is their really anything else you would need to do such as computer wise? I can get ahold of the tranny, bell housing, and shifter. Any one with the parts that i have listed and would like to get rid of, please contact me...Thanx alot guys!!!

Rob

anything wrong with your auto trans, miles? i'm seriously considering going auto in my 97 cobra, let me know if you're considering unloading your auto trans parts. thanks..

mkb116

Established Member
You need the wiring harness also. I am thinking of going automatic in my 2000 gt.

Users who are viewing this thread