Passenger door handle issue

niterydr

Established Member
I have recently noticed on my 2013 gt/cs that when the doors are initially unlocked, you have to pull the passenger door handle twice to get it to open. After that it will open on the first pull until you lock the doors again.

Anyone else have this issue? Anything that I could do to fix it or does it need to go back to the dealer. The car only has 650 miles on it.

Thanks.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Maybe the motor doesn't pop the rod on the first try? Or doesn't push it all the way up? Not sure with these are rod driven locks or wired.

'99Ranger

Established Member
I've had that issue once or twice. I was just unsure if I wasn't hitting the unlock button or if something else was going on. I'll mention it when I take the car in for it's first service.

niterydr

Established Member
Yea I'm tryin to get an appointment with the dealer to have them take a look at it. Does it every time though. Wasn't sure if anyone else was experiencing the same problem.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I have recently noticed on my 2013 gt/cs that when the doors are initially unlocked, you have to pull the passenger door handle twice to get it to open. After that it will open on the first pull until you lock the doors again.

Anyone else have this issue? Anything that I could do to fix it or does it need to go back to the dealer. The car only has 650 miles on it.

Thanks.

MAN! I have the EXACT same thing with my `13 also....ive looke around and i cant seem to find anything saying if this is some sort of feature.

When hill assist first kicked in, i thought i got a bad tranny lol

let me know what you find.....ill be looking also lol

happens EVERYTIME

Last edited:

niterydr

Established Member
MAN! I have the EXACT same thing with my `13 also....ive looke around and i cant seem to find anything saying if this is some sort of feature.

When hill assist first kicked in, i thought i got a bad tranny lol

let me know what you find.....ill be looking also lol

happens EVERYTIME

haha, yea the hill assist threw me off at first too. Didn't know these car had it.

I'll definitely up date this thread when I get the dealer to look at it.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I have a 13 gt/cs and I haven't had a problem with the locks or handle.

niterydr

Established Member
Just an update on this issue I have. Finally dropped the car off at the dealer yesterday and they called me today. Appears that the mechanism inside the door has to be replaced. They had adjusted it and it was working fine until they opened the door from the inside. So they have it on order and will be replacing it. I will let you all know exactly what needed to be replaced when I pick it up.

niterydr

Established Member
So I finally got the car back today. The latch inside the door had to be replaced and everything is working great now. They attempted to adjust the first one, but it wouldn't adjust correctly, so they replaced it.

Figured I would update this post even though it doesn't seem like there are many people here with this problem. Just in case someone in the future does.

Users who are viewing this thread