Passenger Side Rear End "creak"

adam

Established Member
JUst wondering if anyone has had problems with a creak in the passenger side rear-end at all.

I just put full length sub-frames on and about a week later the creak appeared. I have the car lowered in this case also. I have already had Ford change the rear bolts to the proper size also so I know thats not the problem. I have already checked and everything is tight in the rear end.

I have changed the rear shocks but the noise is still there. It only occurs when going into my driveway or uneven areas. If I am driving down the road on even road surfaces I hear no creak at all and everything is perfect. It hasn't affected handling or anything just more a personal issue with the noise driving me nuts....

If anyone has suggestions or had this occur I would appreciate some input.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I currently have a creak in the passenger side rear seat/trunk area when going over bumps or starting out [not the rear end pop/tink]. It sounds like a body panel is rubbing or a wire or something else is rubbing and creaking. I pulled my subwoofer out to see if the mounting board was rubbing, but that wasn't it. I'm still trying to track it down. I do remember some threads about noises from the seams but I haven't done a serious search for those threads yet. :shrug:

cobra4ever

Established Member
I have the same thing. Mine only happens when body twist is an issue going in and out of angled driveways etc. The problem has around with H&R springs , full length subframe connectors and now with coil overs. Recently I've added a Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace and that has minimized but not eliminated the creak. I think it has something to do with the body frame that goes around the rear seatback openning. I though I read here on the board that somebody found the factory spotweld loose or cracking off.

FKing1

Established Member
Have been chasing a similar noise for months. Happens on small bumps. Alot of the plastic stuff under the rear is loose. like the gas tank safety shields, bumpers, etc. Have been tightening and stuffing rags in loose things but still have not found it. Drives me bonkers. Only solution is turning up the radio! An old thread said to re-torque shock mounts. Did this too.
Fred K.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
:bash: I have a creaking in the front end. Does anyone have this??? I have heard that Ford issued a post on this. Does anyone have any info?? Thanks!!

adam

Established Member
At least I now know I am not the only one with this problem

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Whoever figures it out, make sure you post the fix...

I think I may start shoving cloth into the gaps and try to find it that way as was previously mentioned. Or maybe have someone ride in the back seat and try to track it down.

Users who are viewing this thread