Passenger side valve cover/Bank to much crank case pressure?

Beffastang

Established Member
I have just completed a teksid build with a 3.4 whipple with a crusher intake. I was also running the 3.4 on my stock long block as well and it did fine. On the dyno I was getting a lot of crankcase pressure just on the passenger side. Oil is coming out of my breather at high rpms ( a fair amount of it ). I am running an MMR deep sump oil pan with 12 quarts in it. The oil coming out seems excessive just on the passenger side the drivers side catch can is almost empty ( not much oil in it ). the catch can/separator on the drivers side is not plugged and the vacuum line is hooked up to the intake. So I am wondering if the timing chains are slinging so much oil that on the passenger side/the combination of oil being slung and the crankcase pressure is doing it. Or if there is something else to look at. The rings are gapped at .0019 and the car runs strong. Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Beffastang

Established Member
I have another theory, I am running a moroso windage tray oil being slung off the crank from the the front cylinders could be being deflected off the plate of the windage tray and could be being picked up by the timing chains and more oil could be slung off them? The drivers side evac on the back side of the vavle cover seems to be fine. This is strange, the baffle plates are installed right on the bottom side of the vavle covers as well.

Weslsew

Established Member
Are you running the stock style terminator pcv system? If so, the pcv valve on the drivers side is closed when you're in boost, so any crankcase pressure will only blow out the passenger side while in boost. Have you checked your pcv valve? If it isn't closing, it is probably letting boost pressure into the crankcase which is exiting out the passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread