Passenger Window

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
imag0201d.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

window came off the U shaped bracket. It seems that it's only attached by silicone, Any one else have this problem.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
it happens all the time on the older Expeditions and F-150s. it is basically held in with silicone but its more of an epoxy. you have two options well maybe three. buy a new window because it will have the bracket glued on it, two have a window repair shop reglue it for you, or three see if a auto repair store like NAPA has a glue or apoxy for windows. it may even be glue for installing windshields. Make sure you clean all of the glue out of the bracket and off of the window apply new glue and reassemble making sure to keep your window up for a couple of days until the glue sets up. Silicone will work for about three days so thats not the fix.

Last edited:

945LSTANG

Established Member
it happens all the time on the older Expeditions and F-150s. it is basically held in with silicone but its more of an epoxy. you have two options well maybe three. buy a new window because it will have the bracket glued on it, two have a window repair shop reglue it for you, or three see if a auto repair store like NAPA has a glue or apoxy for windows. it may even be glue for installing windshields. Make sure you clean all of the glue out of the bracket and off of the window apply new glue and reassemble making sure to keep your window up for a couple of days until the glue sets up. Silicone will work for about three days so thats not the fix.

^ This.

I had to re-glue the bracket onto the passenger side window of my 94.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Thanks for the confirmation, need to find a Auto glass shop. FYI dealer wants $240 for new window.
Also my warranty just recently expired....murphy law

red351wcobra

Established Member
I had the same thing happen to me on my 03 Terminator. Like everyone has said, easy fix. Just get some good epoxy, let it set up, and off you go..

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Thanks , re-epoxyed It today.thank god it was the back one , how the heck would ya get to the one closest to the door hinge

Users who are viewing this thread