Pauls High Performance Line-Lock Kit? Also Brake ?

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
I am doing some things to the brakes while my car is off the road and will be brought to a shop to do the line-lock kit and tweak exhaust pipes.

I know that 96-98's have issues with Line-lock kits with the ABS I believe. I want to get a kit that would be ok for a shop to be able to install to my car. By the way the shop is a hot rod shop so I would assume that they would be able to figure it out haha. Also, is it really worth its price??

https://www.paulshp.com/cgi-bin/web...age=511040&type=&frame=&cart_id=4023661_25299

For brakes that I am going to put on; I was thinking of going with Brembo slotted rotors all around the car with Hawk HPS brake pads. Any input on them from anyone?

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
I have it and I love it... No problems at all. I think it is really the only solution that doesn't destroy our ABS.:shrug:

blkstangman88

Established Member
ive read and heard of many ppl using the hurst line lock and just fabbing up a couple new lines with no problems. my abs motor went out and dont feel like paying ford over 400 for a new one.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
300 dollars?! I'll powerbrake!!

tell me about it, but the 300 now can save a lot of money for down the road

I also want to get something that will be a relatively easy install bc I am going to have a garage do it for me while i have the car there

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
tell me about it, but the 300 now can save a lot of money for down the road

I also want to get something that will be a relatively easy install bc I am going to have a garage do it for me while i have the car there

How does this save money?? Just curious..:beer:

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
new abs motor is 400 plus whatever a hurst line lock costs... PHP line lock is 300 and won't blow up your abs motor. saves you 100 + whatever the hurst costs.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
new abs motor is 400 plus whatever a hurst line lock costs... PHP line lock is 300 and won't blow up your abs motor. saves you 100 + whatever the hurst costs.

So powerbraking blows up your abs motor?:??:

I've never heard this. I have been powerbraking for my burnouts for 2 years now with no problems. This makes me think my craps going to blow up soon. So maybe I should get the PHP line lock kit.

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
No, I don't think powerbraking destroys it... the hurst line lock kit blows the abs motor. Powerbraking only destroys the rear brake pads.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
How does this save money?? Just curious..:beer:

in terms of not having to go through a lot of rear brakes

*another reason for why I want to get the line lock is bc of my right leg. As some may know in the thread I have cancer and I have had very extensive surgery on my right leg. Having the line lock will make it easier for me to do a proper burn out at the track or for videos with out hurting my leg a lot or ending up breaking something on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread