Pavillion in Phoenix (HUGE Cruise In)

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Don't know how many folks are in the Arizona area... but in Phoenix/Scottsdale they have a mall called Pavillion. It is at the junction of 101 and Indian Bend Road.

I was there a couple of weeks ago after attending a Mustang show in Mesa. At the Pavillion they have a Cruise or Show.. (there are no awards etc) every Saturday afternoon/evening year round. Most cars start showing up around 3:30 pm (in the cooler months). There was over 400 cars there this evening. Got to meet Ben (YGOHOME). He showed in his 2003 Cobra as well.

As with my first trip there.. crowds just LOVE the 2003 Cobra and come around and ask a LOT of questions.

Also got to see some really interesting automobiles. For instance a SHELBY Series 1... A strange looking, two seater.. large as a Viper.. with GM Aurora power plant.. Turbo'd. Over $100,000 worth of automobile. Several Vipers, 2 De Tomaso Panteras, a 1970 Plymouth Superbird (my favorite), the list goes on and on. Something for everyone, Rice, Trucks, Exotics, etc.

Had a great time.........

SO if anyone is in the Arizona area.. it is worth the trip.

Oh on the way home.. getting back on to 101... a Buick Grand National thought he was "all that". (plate said something like 1BadGN) Came roaring past me on the right hand side on the on Ramp. I grabbed a gear and went right with him. We "settled in" at about 70-75 mph. So I left it in 4th and just crept up alongside him. Soon as I got even he jumped on it. I booted the Snake.. and left him like he was stuck in reverse. Not sure the boy got the message and he tried his hand a couple of times. Spanked each time. Last time I just left it in 5th and just paced him to 100mph when he had to back off as he closed on traffic. Not a REAL kill in terms of car vs car... but I bet that is one Grand National owner sitting at home going...
"Damn.. ok ... what type of Cobra was that?"

:burnout:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
It was awesome! I had no idea that this event was happening every Sat just a few miles from where I live!

There were tons of cool cars as you mentioned. Just about every car you could imagine from all years and makes. I saw a some cool Lightnings. A couple of Shelby Cobra GT350s (67 & 68 I think). The 67 was supercharged?!?! I liked the hemi baracudas myself. There were many custom built hot rods there too. The list of cars is just too long. You guys (and gals) got to check this place out if you can.

I was actually pretty intimidated when I showed up. Me and my girlfriend got there around 5:30 and the place was already packed! At first I just parked in a good spot, locked the doors and walked around to check out the other cars. I met Kevin, ArizonaSnake, who was surrounded by people asking him questions about his car.

After mingling and checking out the other cars I decided to head back to my car and see if anyone would recognize it for an 03. I started it up and backed it into the same parking space. Then I popped open the hood... the car was immediatly surrounded by onlookers and people asking questions. :))) FUN FUN STUFF!

I'm definatly going back next time!

oh, BTW, that grand national was parked just a few spaces down from me at the event. I almost feel sorry for him. He must've felt humiliated.... but he brought that upon himself for trying to showup an 03 Cobra. lol. Good story Kevin. :)

There was a red 02 z06 that pulled out behind me as we were leaving. That would've been interesting but my girlfriend said "NO". oh well... maybe next weekend.

Last edited:

mineral03

Established Member
Man, the Pavillions brings back memories. I went to school in Az for a year, used to checkout that place alot. Alot of awesome cars ,and some good people. I had a great time in AZ, almost think about movin back... hey you AZ guys, how is the cost of living out there now? It was dirt cheap when i was there ( like 2 1/2 years ago), but im sure its gone up considerably since then. Everytime i think about the cool car shows there, and the abundance of race tracks, i wish i was back there. If it was nt for those summer months...

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome

oh, BTW, that grand national was parked just a few spaces down from me at the event. I almost feel sorry for him. He must've felt humiliated.... but he brought that upon himself for trying to showup an 03 Cobra. lol. Good story Kevin. :)

Well.. you know.. when he came around me on the right hand side with his aggressive move.. I said to myself... "OH YES!
God has thrown me a bone."

When he jumped first with me alongside him I said a double "OH YES"!

:p

The only thing that would have been sweeter would to have been on a strip or have had room to do it from low speed til top end... to cover all his hopes and DREAMS!

:-D

Don't know if you saw the 4 lightning trucks that showed up about 8pm. Two of them run mid 12s... sweet looking rides. If only they came with manual transmissions.. I'd have to put one of those in the garage... (in another 10 years ..)

Was great meeting you Ben... we shall have to do it again. Did you get the notice about the all Mustang deal on the 13th?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Ok... I'll drop a couple pictures in here......

This is a Grand National's View of an '03 Cobra. :rollseyes

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Got bird a bit small... this camera stuff isn't easy... to get it small enough to put up here without a DSL connection and it still look good...

Let's try this one...

Users who are viewing this thread