Paxton guys with snow meth kits

96juicedGT

Established Member
Anyone running the Snow meth kits? Looking into the pros and cons of adding this to my Paxton car. Car is a built motor/fuel system on 10lbs currently. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
Are you looking for input specifically for the snow kit or just meth in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Anyone running the Snow meth kits? Looking into the pros and cons of adding this to my Paxton car. Car is a built motor/fuel system on 10lbs currently. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm running a Alky Control kit on a Prochargered car. Pros, lower IAT, 50/50 injection slight boost in octane, added timing when intake temps are low, reduced knock. Cons, you must relocate your IAT sensor from the MAF to after the injection point to see lower temps, can't completely tune for it since these cars have widebands and pull fuel when methanol is added.

lshin037

Established Member
I'm running a Alky Control kit on a Prochargered car. Pros, lower IAT, 50/50 injection slight boost in octane, added timing when intake temps are low, reduced knock. Cons, you must relocate your IAT sensor from the MAF to after the injection point to see lower temps, can't completely tune for it since these cars have widebands and pull fuel when methanol is added.

This. I'm running a Devils Own kit but Alky is another top notch product. You should also inspect the system from time to time to make sure it's working. I have an AEM progressive controller that has a test button and it makes it easy to test it out. Most tuners will not tune for it because it can fail. Some say it WILL fail.

Uncle Rusty

Established Member
In general, meth is riskier than E85 just because if some part of the system fails, or there isn't a shut off that accounts for the meth tank being empty, that your motor will lean out and likely blow up. If it's setup right it should be fine, to me personally it installs a constant worry, kind of like running a NOS kit.

I'd recommend E85 over it, even if you're far away from a station there are other options... there are flex fuel tunes out by some tuners now that will let you swap from 93 to E85 on the fly, and the ECU will automatically adjust the timing/power levels after a few minutes of driving once it realizes there's less knock from higher octane, and will adjust the fuel tables accordingly. It's cheaper to buy and setup too compared to gallons of methanol.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
In general, meth is riskier than E85 just because if some part of the system fails, or there isn't a shut off that accounts for the meth tank being empty, that your motor will lean out and likely blow up. If it's setup right it should be fine, to me personally it installs a constant worry, kind of like running a NOS kit.

I'd recommend E85 over it, even if you're far away from a station there are other options... there are flex fuel tunes out by some tuners now that will let you swap from 93 to E85 on the fly, and the ECU will automatically adjust the timing/power levels after a few minutes of driving once it realizes there's less knock from higher octane, and will adjust the fuel tables accordingly. It's cheaper to buy and setup too compared to gallons of methanol.

Agreed, e85 is the best solution. However, properly setup methanol injection is NOT like running nitrous. Tuners can opt to only add timing to the borderline knock table only if IATs are below a given temp. Additionally with the newer cars, add timing if no knock is detected. Start with a conservative base tune and only add to it. Not the other way around and hope the methanol kit is working.

Users who are viewing this thread