Paxton install undertray and side shrouds

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
Did anyone else think these steps were unnecessary to reinstall these 3 pieces or am I the only one? I drove the car without front bumper installed (and these pieces of course) for my first datalog, then put the bumper on quickly to get a few others. Now I am wondering if it is worth the time to put these final 3 pieces in. Anyone else decide to keep these out?

I also have an issue with the fan eating on something I heard today (started when I turn, now whenever fan turns on) that I need to figure out as well so I will be getting back in there I am afraid. Ready to be done with this but at least the Lund tune is getting pretty close...

Thanks in advance.

imeyers302

Established Member
Did anyone else think these steps were unnecessary to reinstall these 3 pieces or am I the only one? I drove the car without front bumper installed (and these pieces of course) for my first datalog, then put the bumper on quickly to get a few others. Now I am wondering if it is worth the time to put these final 3 pieces in. Anyone else decide to keep these out?

I also have an issue with the fan eating on something I heard today (started when I turn, now whenever fan turns on) that I need to figure out as well so I will be getting back in there I am afraid. Ready to be done with this but at least the Lund tune is getting pretty close...

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the 2 side shrouds on either side of the radiator?

I left those out after installing my procharger been debating trying to put them back in at some point but can't see any reason to. The under tray I just trimmed to allow the bottoms of the tubes to come through.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I left the under tray off for a while. Put it back on bc I was worried about road debris but cars didn't used to come with them so you should be fine running without it. What part of Houston are you in?

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I am near 290/beltway 8. Lund tune almost done and it is purring nicely...

hirting

Established Member
The two side shrouds on either side of the radiator are to help redirect/force air through the radiator . Not having them installed will allow some air to go around instead of through the radiator. That being said, I found the side shrouds to be a hassle to cut and reinstall, so I left them off. I have not noticed any cooling or aero issues at this point. I did cut and reinstall the belly pan for better aerodynamics at higher speeds and to keep debris out.

imeyers302

Established Member
The two side shrouds on either side of the radiator are to help redirect/force air through the radiator . Not having them installed will allow some air to go around instead of through the radiator. That being said, I found the side shrouds to be a hassle to cut and reinstall, so I left them off. I have not noticed any cooling or aero issues at this point. I did cut and reinstall the belly pan for better aerodynamics at higher speeds and to keep debris out.

Have not noticed any temp difference either without the radiator side shrouds.

dennisn

Established Member
Without the undertray (under the car) the hood can shake pretty good over 100 mph. I'd put that one back on.

Users who are viewing this thread