Paxton Intercooler

Bostard

Established Member
Anyone running the air/air paxton kit? I have the Novi 1000 and I'm looking at getting that intercooler. Who has the best price?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Check with XMP. They might be able to help you out. They LOVE Novi blowers, and a2a intercooling. Just click on the link above the pic in my sig. Talk to Eric, and tell him Juan told you to call.

Bostard

Established Member
Thanks for the referral Juan. I just called em and they're really nice on the phone. Eric wasn't there so I had to talk to someone else. They want tooooo much for the intercooler. Dangit. Best price I've found so far is through Proficient Performance for 1299. Any other ideas?

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
XMP makes a custom a2a intercooler that is actually better than than the Paxton unit...

Save yourself the long distance charges...email Eric at [email protected]...he will give you the scoop on the intercooler and a price as well...

Tell him Juan and Cam sent ya :thumbsup:

Cobra 4.6

Established Member
I would not run the Paxton IC. When I had a Paxton Novi2000 SC, I was running the Fasttrack Performance IC. I traded my Paxton setup to VENOM98 who had a Vortech "S" trim & Aftercooler. He is selling his Fasttrack IC core in order to purchase a bigger-custom IC core from Fasttrack. You can contact Omar ( VENOM98 ) on this board for the standard Fasttrack IC core. The Paxton IC core has a bad boost lost compared to the Fasttrack IC & it causes the car to run hotter because it blocks alot of the air flow to the radiator.

Bostard

Established Member
So do I venture to say that the Paxton I/C is NOT the way to go? It just seems opposite of what I've heard. Everyone has always said a lot of good about the Paxton.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
I run Paxtons IC and are very happy with the product. The fit and finish is perfect. Comparing it to the Fasttrack Performance IC, I couldn't say as I don't know anything about that cooler. I can say it works very well. Pop the hood and feel the inlet tube and it speaks for itself. No problems whats so ever.

But by all means check out what Cobra 4.6 says. If anything give Paxton a call and ask for there spec's on there cooler.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
When you buy the IC the kit comes with a new pulley. So there is no loss of boost. Its been a few years since I did the upgrade and I can't remeber the actual numbers the intercooler is rated at. But I believe it was 2.7 to 3.3 psi loss. Either way, the new pulley takes care of it. The max boost I make is 8psi, exactly the same as it was before installing the IC.

X-M-P Guru

The Paxton I/C set up hangs WAY too low for a lowered Mustang and scrapes on everything because it is a bottom inlet/outlet! The air to air we have designed uses a brand new TUBE AND FIN core which has much better BTU transfer rate than the old plate designs and promotes more air flow to the radiator. It works with all Paxton, Vortech and ATI head units too. the system, with dual by-pass valves and all ALUMINUM 3" mandrel bent tubing is on sale for $1350. The system uses t-blots clamps and either blue, red, or black thermal flex hoses. Our core and tubes also fits with all factory fog lights, larger radiators, and custom power pipes. We have less than 1.5psi of pressure drop across the core with substancial temperature changes. You will want to run a smaller S/C puuley no matter what though because you will be able to run more boost and timing with an air to air.

white99gt

Established Member
Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
The Paxton I/C set up hangs WAY too low for a lowered Mustang and scrapes on everything because it is a bottom inlet/outlet! The air to air we have designed uses a brand new TUBE AND FIN core which has much better BTU transfer rate than the old plate designs and promotes more air flow to the radiator. It works with all Paxton, Vortech and ATI head units too. the system, with dual by-pass valves and all ALUMINUM 3" mandrel bent tubing is on sale for $1350. The system uses t-blots clamps and either blue, red, or black thermal flex hoses. Our core and tubes also fits with all factory fog lights, larger radiators, and custom power pipes. We have less than 1.5psi of pressure drop across the core with substancial temperature changes. You will want to run a smaller S/C puuley no matter what though because you will be able to run more boost and timing with an air to air.

You have any pics of this unit installed?

I like the paxton unit but cant see a boost loss of 3 psi .Thats to restrictive.And the aftercooler is to small for the use i need it for.

On average what is the temp drop with your intercooler.

Cobra 4.6

Established Member
Check out the Fasttrack IC ( photos ) at www.fasttrackperf.com & give Robert a call at (661) 291-2375. He uses a special Spearco IC core with 3 inch mandrel bent tubing and T-bolt clamps. The kit also includes 2 bypass units. His unit has very little boost drop thru it. Also it doesn't make the car run hotter by blocking the air flow to the cars radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread