Paxton Novi 1000

GIDIEUP

Established Member
I was thinking about installing a Paxton Novi 1000 on my 99 Cobra. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about this setup on this particular car.

Cheers:beer:
Ryan

Bostard

Established Member
A total blast. Last dyno was 421rwhp and that was before installing a smaller pulley. Great system. Great sound. Looks good too.

dcp_0263mod.jpg

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Friend has one on a 98 Cobra....nice power, and if you like a loud blower whine, you will like this blower.

I went with the Vortech kit...see numbers in signature.
I went with what my tuner had the most experience with, and since he's a Vortech dealer and that's all he installs for the most part....that's the way I went.

Either way, you will love a blower on your car.:beer:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Could anyone be so kind to provide me with an instruction manual for the Paxton Novi 1000 for my 99 Cobra or point me in the right direction in obtaining one? I looked on Paxton's website and only saw some for the later fox bodies and 01-02 GTs instruction manual.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bostard

Established Member
Thanks kid. That was 7-8 psi. That is changing right now with another pulley to bump up to 10-12. Right now it is a very conservative tune. I will have some new number very soon.

Gidie, I do have the manual. Give me some time since it's about 25 pages to scan. I'll get it to you eventually if you still need it.

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
I don't think Paxton post that manual as they prefer that kit perfesionally installed. Im sure you could call them and they'd probally email it to yea. As for the kit, Im very happy with mine.

Last edited:

svtroush

Established Member
i have the 1000 the whine is sweet my hp 466 395torque 13psi i put the 2.5 pulley on there and over spun the blower so i went with the 2000 now. enjoy the 1000

Blown318

2FAST4U Racing
Established Member
I had a novi 2000 on a 98 cobra I used to have... DO you ever plan on upgrading your motor?? cause if you do I would go with the 2000... it will let give you more options down the road since it can support more horsepower..

But then I don't know how much a 1000 can support :shrug:

Bostard

Established Member
As soon as we pass the holidays I will be able to tell you for sure whether or not the 1000 will create efficient hp above 500. My stroker motor is getting assembled right now and the 1000 will be going on it.

Users who are viewing this thread