Paxton question

RFM50

Established Member
I have a full paxton kit on order and Paxton first of all won't tune out the rear o2 sensors to go with my off road h pipe. I was figuring I would contact lethal right away and do a Lund tune. I figured if I am going to tune it right away, I might as well get a jlt intake. My question is, do I have to run a kb boost a pump or will I be ok with out one. I'm into this kit for a lot of money and need to wait on certain things if I can.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
You should be fine as long as you are staying on stock pulley. You could always get one to be safe. I recommend the Vortech bap. Its pretty nice and easy to install. Beefcake could probably set you up with one and a lund tune for a good price!

KalEl370

Established Member
You should be fine as long as you are staying on stock pulley. You could always get one to be safe. I recommend the Vortech bap. Its pretty nice and easy to install. Beefcake could probably set you up with one and a lund tune for a good price!
I just ordered the Paxton tuner kit as well from Beefcake (great guy and great service!) and I am going with a Lund tune as well. Now that you've had yours for a little while, how's the drivability? How are you liking it so far?

RFM50

Established Member

The vortech is twice the price as well. Is it really that much nicer? A lot of the time theses things are made buy the same company.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The vortech is twice the price as well. Is it really that much nicer? A lot of the time theses things are made buy the same company.

you have 2 bap's, the standard fixed voltage for $269 or the 2011 specific boost referenced / pre programmed for $469.

The nice thing about the 2011 specific is it's not constantly jacking your voltage to your pumps.

I can get you set up with a lund remote tune as well if you would like!

Beef
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread