Paxton Viper vs 2.8 KB 5.0 vs 750hp F10 M5

HandBanana

Established Member
Just some local action from the weekend meet. I was in the Viper for that run. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/IJNzL_LxvsE

Viper
- 510 stroker, custom cam, Paxton Novi on 6psi pump gas

Coyote
- stock motor, stock trans, 2.8 KB 12psi, E85

F10 M5
- stock motor, stock trans, intakes, JB4 flash on map 7, 23psi + meth

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
interesting...what was the cause. I thought they could handle 800hp easily....

I doubt they'll be able to handle that much power w/o letting go. There could be many variables as to why the motor broke such as the tune, what fuel was used, how hard the vehicle is driven etc... 650-700 rwhp seems to be the safe zone in these motors. However, there are some who are running 800+hp w/o problems and it's all in the tune

HandBanana

Established Member
interesting...what was the cause. I thought they could handle 800hp easily....

Oil Pump Gears??

I doubt they'll be able to handle that much power w/o letting go. There could be many variables as to why the motor broke such as the tune, what fuel was used, how hard the vehicle is driven etc... 650-700 rwhp seems to be the safe zone in these motors. However, there are some who are running 800+hp w/o problems and it's all in the tune

Car had been running around like that for close to a year, racing every weekend, beating on it, etc. 42k miles, most of them boosted. I actually was impressed by how long it held up. Shot a hole through the block on a 5th gear pull apparently.

D1SC_GT

Banned
There's nothing like a boosted Coyote. High-dollar M5 on 20+psi = go **** yourself. Cammed/boosted 500+ci Viper = go **** yourself!

derockgt

Established Member
There's nothing like a boosted Coyote. High-dollar M5 on 20+psi = go **** yourself. Cammed/boosted 500+ci Viper = go **** yourself!

except this coyote wasn't driving home like the other two cars hahaha:rolling:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great video. 12 psi on stock coyote motor... Yikes!

Sounds like it lasted a long time that way though... Pretty impressive.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Car had been running around like that for close to a year, racing every weekend, beating on it, etc. 42k miles, most of them boosted. I actually was impressed by how long it held up. Shot a hole through the block on a 5th gear pull apparently.

They are very stout. I dont own a coyote but from general information that floats on this site is that those motors can take a serious beating before they throw in the towel lol.

R1Lello

Established Member
Nice runs - but clearly the Beamer started reeling in at the top end BUT at what point does it end? thanks for posting

HandBanana

Established Member
Nice runs - but clearly the Beamer started reeling in at the top end BUT at what point does it end? thanks for posting

Bimmer reeled in damn near everything that night up top. The car does not stop. I can personally attest to that, I've been in several 200 runs in it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread