Paying for your 03' Cobra!

SPDFRK

Established Member
I am sure some of you are paying cash for your 03' Cobra but for some of use not so lucky! Curious how much are you guys putting down and how much are you looking to pay a month?

I hope it is around $600 with payment and insurance!

$400 payment

$200 insurance, est.

Anyone get a insurance quote for the 03' yet? :eek:

FL Cobra03

Established Member
If you want about a $400 payment, I would guess you're financing about 20K at 60 months. I think Ford is offering 4.9% on the regular Mustangs. Not sure on the SVT's

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Home equity line from bank at 4.5% interest. putting some cash down and doubling down on pmts.

SPDFRK

Established Member
4.9% sounds like a good number but how easy are people getting financed by FORD? Just curious because I have about the best credit you can have for a 22 year old and don't know if FORD will finance me. My credit union is 5.9% so not that much worse if FORD won't approve me. :rollseyes

MIDORI

Established Member
I haven't ordered mine yet but i'll probably wait till next year. I was planning on putting down about $2,000, and paying the rest in 72 months. I only make about 23,000 and still live with my parents rent free, so I cant do no home equity loan yet. Of course I'm in the process of selling my boat and truck for this to happen. I think and i know that the CObra will make me a happier than a boat. :)
I really enjoy reading all the posts. Thank guys, you are all makeing my decesions better to make.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'm going to put down around 10500 and finance the rest through FORD. I got 4.9 on my Saleen and hoping the same. I should have around a 450/month payment and my insurance will be between 280-320 hopefully. I was paying 280/month for my Saleen for 12 months.

SPDFRK

Established Member
WHAT!

WHAT! Are you kidding 280-320 a month for insurance that is CRAZY for a car. How old are you and how many tickets/wrecks do you have? Man that is almost as crazy as the quote for my GSX1300R Hayabusa for $3,200 for "6-months!" I love mustangs but DANG, I don't think I could part that kind of money for car insurance only!:shrug:

01Snake

Established Member
Welcome to the North East...Along with those $60K/yr state average incomes, comes a premium insurance quote. Back in 89, at the tender young age of 19, I was paying 2400/yr to insure my new 89 LX 5.0. My car payment was just under 300/mth and my insurance payment was around 200 - gotta love NJ...Bastards...

FL Cobra,

Thats sounds about right - 15 heavy down & 400/month - ouch!...

Last edited:

MIDORI

Established Member
what is thee msrp price of the coupe?? I called a place in BUffalo NY and they mention that a Vert fully loaded was about 39,000-40,000.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Re: WHAT!

Originally posted by SPDFRK
WHAT! Are you kidding 280-320 a month for insurance that is CRAZY for a car. How old are you and how many tickets/wrecks do you have? Man that is almost as crazy as the quote for my GSX1300R Hayabusa for $3,200 for "6-months!" I love mustangs but DANG, I don't think I could part that kind of money for car insurance only!:shrug:

I am 22, I make 60k a year, I live with my parents, and saving to buy my own house. 280 isn't much of a car insurance payment. I am a step 19. 2 speeding tickets on my record (only adds 700 bucks/year onto my policy). I was paying 4300 a year when I first bought my Saleen. it was 360/month for 12 months. I beat a major accident surcharge and it dropped it from 360 to 280/month.

Shit, when I had my 98 cobra in 2000 I was paying 3200 a year for its insurance policy.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Coupe Base $33,125
Convert. $37,370
Delivery $625
Gas Guzzler $1000
Chrome wheels $695

So the totals are:

$33,125 + $625 + $1000 = $34,750
$37,370 + $625 + $1000 = $38,995

Last edited:

Cat Breath

Established Member
guzzler tax

Maybe I'm a rogue, but I'm slighlty upset over having to pay this gas guzzler tax on my new cobra. The tax was put in place in the dark years of automotive history shortly after the arab oil embargo of 73. I understand that the purpose of the tax was to encourage people to buy more fuel efficient cars, but isn't a manufacturers fleet already supposed to meet a certain average fuel economy? If I use more gas than my neighbor aren't I already paying for that extra usage at the pump? If the government wants to reduce the amount of gas consumers use then they can increase the federal gas tax like all the european countries did. From an environmental point of view, it should be accepted as a given that all of the oil in the earth will eventually (what's the current estimate? 50 some odd years?) be used up as fuel. Given that, doesn't it make sense that it is better for the environment that the available fossil fuels we use as gas be burned here in the good ole US of A? We have the highest emisions standards for vehicles of any country far as I know, so it's not neccisarily bad that we burn more than other countries. This new car is a part time car for me, I won't be driving it during the winter or in rain, and likely only twice a week from spring till fall. I figure I'll be putting on around 2-4K miles a year, and even adding the fuel consumption of my daily driven Nissan Sentra burn much less gas per year than the soccer moms driving these suv tanks around as their daily drivers! :gt:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Pimpin -

Move out of your parents basement! You will wind up like my loser brother who is going to be 34 in June and still lives with his mother! He is an engineer and even got married 2 years ago. They still live with my mother.

I think thats friggin wierd. I don't care how cheap you are its wierd! I moved out late. It was the week I turned 21 and I was still only a Junior in College but just couldn't live under someone elses roof.

:bash:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Re: guzzler tax

Originally posted by Cat Breath
Maybe I'm a rogue, but I'm slighlty upset over having to pay this gas guzzler tax on my new cobra. The tax was put in place in the dark years of automotive history shortly after the arab oil embargo of 73. I understand that the purpose of the tax was to encourage people to buy more fuel efficient cars, but isn't a manufacturers fleet already supposed to meet a certain average fuel economy? If I use more gas than my neighbor aren't I already paying for that extra usage at the pump? If the government wants to reduce the amount of gas consumers use then they can increase the federal gas tax like all the european countries did. From an environmental point of view, it should be accepted as a given that all of the oil in the earth will eventually (what's the current estimate? 50 some odd years?) be used up as fuel. Given that, doesn't it make sense that it is better for the environment that the available fossil fuels we use as gas be burned here in the good ole US of A? We have the highest emisions standards for vehicles of any country far as I know, so it's not neccisarily bad that we burn more than other countries. This new car is a part time car for me, I won't be driving it during the winter or in rain, and likely only twice a week from spring till fall. I figure I'll be putting on around 2-4K miles a year, and even adding the fuel consumption of my daily driven Nissan Sentra burn much less gas per year than the soccer moms driving these suv tanks around as their daily drivers! :gt:

You logic is fine, but your politics a bit naive - this is one of those easy taxes for poltiicians to levy because it soaks "the rich", and makes great sound bite copy on TV - what politico would be against it - and taxes, once levied, are very hard to recall.

haskett

Established Member
Back on topic ...:p

I've secured a 5-5/8% rate for a 60 month loan from my credit union. I haven't really shopped insurance yet, but the one quote that I received was $1080. I expect my current insurer to come in lower than that.

SPDFRK

Established Member
Insurance Quote!

Does anyone have a insurance quote for an '03 Cobra yet? Just trying to plan $$$$. I got an estimate and it was about $1,100 for an '01 Cobra and $1,800 for an '02 Vette! I figure it should be between those to prices some where. That is for a 22 year old no wrecks or tickets!:shrug:

SPDFRK

Established Member
I would buy a house but I am not in one place long enough. I will be moving up to Ohio in less than a month. The military tends to do that to you. I actually can't make up my mind on an '03 Cobra or Mach I! I have had two different '97 Cobra's and regret selling both of them. My next car I don't plan on selling for a while. Anyone looking to buy a 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa motorcycle? 9.5 in the 1/4 mile and 190+ top speed and yes the top speed limiter has been removed! :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread