Paying to much

DAN MCGRAW

I got a price to put in my shocks & struts today . I have H&R lowering springs , Bilstein shocks & struts and caster / camber plates . I got a price of 500.00 to install the parts and to do the alignment. Does this sound like a high price.

97espCobra

Established Member
How much does the shop charge an hour? At $50/hour that would be 10 hours which would be kind of high. At $80/hr that would be about 6 hours which is probably pretty close for a shop. To do a good alignment you will spend 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The rear shocks/springs involve taking the side panels out of the trunk and removing the rear sway bar. The front struts/springs/camber plates involve drilling out the original strut plate rivets, disconnecting sway bar and p/s rack from lower control arms, disconnecting brake caliper (single pin). The job is relatively easy, but it does take time to take things apart and put them back together. I guess I am lucky to have a place to do my own work. $500 goes along ways in performance goodies if you can do the work yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread