Payments

Joysey

I'm curious to know about how some of u r spreading your money out on the 03 Cobra. Asking becos i'm noticing practically all of u r doing some type of mods, more specifically, exhuast which is pricey. Are u paying the car in full..paying half then financing the rest while keeping money in the bank to do mods? I have mime on order, but it won't get here till March so it gives me breathing room. I went with a Zinc Yellow Coupe, wanted the true red..Ford has got to be the only car company right now not to have a true red in America..wth. I called SVT up and i asked if they plan to have a true red for next year and they said, "No."

Btw, anyone else have problems logging on with their ID since the new format? I had to register a new one. Take care.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Joysey
I'm curious to know about how some of u r spreading your money out on the 03 Cobra. Asking becos i'm noticing practically all of u r doing some type of mods, more specifically, exhuast which is pricey. Are u paying the car in full..paying half then financing the rest while keeping money in the bank to do mods? I have mime on order, but it won't get here till March so it gives me breathing room. I went with a Zinc Yellow Coupe, wanted the true red..Ford has got to be the only car company right now not to have a true red in America..wth. I called SVT up and i asked if they plan to have a true red for next year and they said, "No."

Btw, anyone else have problems logging on with their ID since the new format? I had to register a new one. Take care.

Mine is a company car, my company my car. :) I don't write my mods through my company but I did have the company purchase the vehicle for me. 12 payments of 3100. No problems logging on here. Best of luck with your new car!

:beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: Re: Payments

Originally posted by Z06_2002
Mine is a company car, my company my car. :) I don't write my mods through my company but I did have the company purchase the vehicle for me. 12 payments of 3100. No problems logging on here. Best of luck with your new car!

You own the company SportPharma? That is cool I need to start a business so I could write off cars and get paid more. The only thing is the market sucks for IT now even though I am a CCIE.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Payments

Originally posted by toofast4u
You own the company SportPharma? That is cool I need to start a business so I could write off cars and get paid more. The only thing is the market sucks for IT now even though I am a CCIE.

I own a chain of retail stores in the health industry and a few web sites of health products. Sportpharma is a company I deal with and they paid for the license plate on my car.

I sure hope the market comes back for the IT's and the high tech industry as a whole there are a lot of good people out there looking.

TruBlu03

I placed a small deposit and financed the rest at a decent interest rate.

I fortunately have not felt most of the IT spending drop offs. Out of my 25 or so client base I have completed 9 installations this year. I usually get 3 or 4 installs per year on average. The down side, I build good networks so they seldom need me for followup services which tends to make things tight down the road. But, I wouldn't build them any other way. The WAN side has definately been hit much harder. Last year was my slowest out of the last 5. This year has the makings of being the best of the last 5-6 years. No idea why it's worked out this way, if I did I would bottle it and sell it! Many of our competitors have not faired so well in this market. The southeast isn't the best for tech anyways, 2nd lowest payed market in the US the midwest being the worst.

Hopefully, the tech sector and IT indsutry will re-gain it's lost momentum soon. Lots of good people needing good jobs.

I don't even want to talk about tech investments, blah.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I had no choice but to finance my dream. I put $2k down, I know that is not much on a $35k car, and financed the rest at 5.25% interst rate. My payments are $700/month for 60 months. Ouch.

mosconiac

Established Member
Financing here...

$7k down, $575 per month (60 months)

The way I figure it, every $1.00 you finance will cost you about $1.20 in the end (assuming reasonable interest rates). I always try to put down as large a downpayment as I comfortably can.

I wish I had gone ahead and put down $12k on my '03, which not would have saved me another $1k in financing costs, but my payments would have been correspondingly lower too (about $475 per month). Oh well, still love the beast.

Mosconiac

Mowgli

Established Member
Nothing down. Traded in my 99 Eclipse GSX (not good trade-in, the engine had water damage).

Financed remaining ~$31 k @ ~5.9% x 60 months

$650 per month.

Users who are viewing this thread