Pc Pad Choices ???

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
hey guys maybe you can help me out......gonna buff out my truck real soon as I have ordered up some clay, SSR2.5, SSR1, "blue" polish w/carnuba, and nattys "blue".............using my buddies PC but I gotta buy pads for it.....my question is this......should I use the "standard" pad types (orange, white, blue) or should I use the VC ones......which work better?
Is the elimination of product splatter the only benefit of the VC pads??? or do they do a better job?......I want pads that are going to last me several uses and I do have some experience running a random orbital buffer.........any help you guys can offer on this would be awesome! thanks in advance! :beer:

Scott P

Established Member
I prefer the VC pads myself. But, it's usually a matter of personal preference and experience. The pads I carry are the 7.5 inch Variable Contact Curved Edge Pad. The backing plate actually sits in the pad, so you can't accidentally hit your paint with it. Some prefer a flat pad while others prefer a smaller VC pad without the curved edge. All of them will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread