PCV questions on 96 Cobra

LuckyDSquared

Established Member
i am in the process of returning a 96 Cobra to stock (I recently purchased and am realizing this car used to be blown or something) to get running right.

While installing factory air cleaner I noticed the previous owner removed the passenger PCV valve and connected a hose from the passenger valve cover to the IAC hose. The intake they had on the car did not have the PCV port to connect.

So my question is what is the proper routing or hoses to install to get the PCV back functioning properly? I’m pretty sure the way it’s routed now is contributing to bad vacuum and bad idle.

I believe the hoses from the passenger side need to connect to the driver side PCV. Can Somebody post a picture of the PCV setup on the passenger side so I can see how it should be?

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
i am in the process of returning a 96 Cobra to stock (I recently purchased and am realizing this car used to be blown or something) to get running right.

While installing factory air cleaner I noticed the previous owner removed the passenger PCV valve and connected a hose from the passenger valve cover to the IAC hose. The intake they had on the car did not have the PCV port to connect.

So my question is what is the proper routing or hoses to install to get the PCV back functioning properly? I’m pretty sure the way it’s routed now is contributing to bad vacuum and bad idle.

I believe the hoses from the passenger side need to connect to the driver side PCV. Can Somebody post a picture of the PCV setup on the passenger side so I can see how it should be?
I'm not sure if the 96 and 97s are different, but on my car the passenger pcv line runs directly to the air intake through a short hose that's about 4 inches long and molded into an s shape.

Users who are viewing this thread