PCV valve leaks from the factory

99SSls1

Established Member
Just ordered a new valve for my 11 gt500 because mine leaks. Got the new one and it leaks just the same. Which means I'm pulling a lot of oil vapor from the valve cover all the time. This is the passenger side port which is after the tb. Now why would ford want this?
This explains why we get some much more oil out of the passenger side being under vacuum all the time.
I'm confused on this pcv as they are normally cut and dry on flow as they only flow one way.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
Do you have any pictures to help explain this better for me? I'm not really understanding...but I do have some leakage (more like slow speeping) of oil around that.

KRS

Established Member
My understanding is that fresh air is drawn into the engine on the driver side. Because air is being drawn in you normally don't see oil in a driver side catch can.

Engine blow-by (crankcase gas) exits out the passenger side and back into the engine to be burned, passenger side should be pulling vacuum. So you will normally see oil in a passenger side catch can. The purpose of the PCV valve is to close if the manifold pressure is greater than the crankcase pressure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread