Is Peanut Brittle for the Old Folks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
+1

Damn you, now i want some.

lol. I have a big tub I bought when I was on vacation in Maine..

brittle-peanut.jpg

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I used to think peanut brittle was for old folks until, 1) someone told me how hard it is to eat with dentures, and 2) I became an old person and I still like it (although I do have my own teeth for now). Be well and breathe deep.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I like peanut brittle occasionally, if it is the good stuff. But then, I am old.

By the way, anybody ever had any chocolate peppermint brittle? That stuff is like crack cocaine, try it once and you will kill to get it again.

Jim Snover

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Oh I hate you -_- now I want some and im BROKE! I will see you to hell!

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Peanut brittle rocks and pumpkin seeds are good too, but what the hell are boiled peanuts. Yeah, I assume they are boiled but what does that do and are they salted or something?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a 1 pound tub of brittle sitting on my computer desk.

mmmmmm

and boiled peanuts are raw peanuts in the shell boiled for 2-3 hours with some seasoning in the water. I use salt and cayenne pepper in mine with a touch of sugar.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Peanut brittle rocks and pumpkin seeds are good too, but what the hell are boiled peanuts. Yeah, I assume they are boiled but what does that do and are they salted or something?

Boiled peanuts are boiled with the shell still intact and once ready are a nice soft treat once you peel the softened shell off. I have no idea what the solution they are boiled in but some folks down South take big pride in there secret formulas. You either like 'em or you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread