Pedal recommendations?

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Does anyone have any pedal recommendations for track use? I'm really getting annoyed of how small/narrow my stock pedals are on my 98 cobra. I want at least a wider throttle and brake pedal for easier heal-toe action. Any recommendations?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I bought a pep boys special for my gas pedal. It was wider at the lower half. The other pedals I left the way they were. For both my Terminator and fox body I actually had to bend the gas pedal arm to place it the way I liked. It is not that hard to do. I basically removed the drivers seat, laid on the floor and slowly pulled it into the direction I wanted it to go. It did not take much. You'll be surprised at how much a half an inch makes. So do a little at a time if you do this.

David Hester

Established Member
I guess I'm lazy. I just pushed mine sideways till I got it where I wanted with my foot. It bent pretty easy.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have Saleen Pedal covers that I pop riveted on.. They work great. I can heal toe.. Well kinda I have a size 14/15 shoe.. I am able to blip the throttle with the side of my foot.

Sirl

Established Member
I bought a set soon after I bought my car... they work very well.

Got them at a place in WPB called "Ultimate Pedals" They are cut from billet aluminum.

IMG_0702.jpg

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
I bought a set soon after I bought my car... they work very well.

Got them at a place in WPB called "Ultimate Pedals" They are cut from billet aluminum.

IMG_0702.jpg

Nice! I like the width of that gas pedal. I'll look into those IF I can't bend the pedal to my liking.

Thanks for your input everyone!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
plus one on the Ultimate Pedals...really great quality.

....I still can't heel & toe though:whine:

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
SRP makes pedals similar to those "Ultimate Pedals" ones pictured. Not sure if they are cheaper or not. Depending on finish and color the SRP pedals can cost around $130. They get cheaper depending on the options you choose.

Sirl

Established Member
Ok, thats about the same price range as the Ultimates,
but I think you can just buy the gas pedal and save a few bucks.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive got the lightweight cheap aluminum pedals that look like Mitchs dead pedal. For the gas pedal I screwed it to the stock pedal offset left, bent it up and over and trimmed a peice of no slip tape for a riding lawn mower deck. Cheap light and they work good enough.

Last edited:

ba#97

Established Member
Ive got the lightweight cheap aluminum pedals that look like Mitchs dead pedal. For the gas pedal I screwed it to the stock pedal offset left, bent it up and over and trimmed a peice of no slip tape for a riding lawn mower deck. Cheap light and they work good enough.

Can you take a pic of this? I want to see what you mean? and you guys are talking about bending the arm right?? The gas pedal is sooooo low on our cars it's almost impossible to heal toe.

ba#97

Established Member
I like those srp pedals for sure but if I got them...I'm not sure what the best surface on them would be??

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I would but the pedal is laying in the footwell of the car right now. I couldnt get the throttle cable loose when I was pulling the engine so I unbolted the gas pedal from the firewall. This let me route the cable right next to the firewall out of the way from getting pinched.

Just bend the pedal arm up and over by hand. It doesnt take much effort but it will also bend back if you try to push the pedal through the floor board which I have done when the red mist has taken hold.

ba#97

Established Member
Lol...nice. so just bend it and hope I don't rip on it too hard to where I bend it back. got it! I'm thinking it just needs to go up a little bit and then might get those srp pedals to help with the rest. Thanks!

David Hester

Established Member
Any of the metal pedal covers will get slippery when wet.
I have used stock rubber covers for years, and they did fine unless they got wet. I do have non-slip tape on the SPU car's pedals. Very grippy. Trick is, I wanted to be able to rotate my foot to blip, so I just use a small patch in the center of the brake pedal and a tad bigger patch on the clutch. I don't use anything on the gas pedal, as my foot is always centered on it,
Non-Slip-Tape.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread