Pegging Speedo

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
Originally posted by johnny_rotten
By my calculations you should be going 172 MPH at 5500rpm with 3.55's and 25.5 in tall gears. I doubt your car does 172 mph buddy.
Are u kidding?? 3.55 Gears and a built Heads, cam, 347 with a Kenne Bell SuperCharger and u think he cant go 170mph??? Come on now.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I got my old LS1 very close to 160mph. It was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. Camaro's are NOT designed to do that. I felt like it was going to take flight. I thanked God I didn't die.

Not sure about your top end run here. You have brass balls if it's true.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by mbuono
As far as the voltage, might have been when I let off the throttle as we were nearing Sunset Bend @ Sebring. But not sure .......
What does that have to do with it?? The alternator output is solely dependent on it's rotational speed, which at that RPM should be more than sufficient (even with underdrive pulleys as someone else stated) Why would the alternator care if the throttle was open or closed??

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
Well see if I can clear up a few things.
Took apart odometer and found only half a gear left which would only turn trip meter to .4 then if I hit reset numbers go back to zero by going 5-6-7-8-9 then 0. This is why first picture shows .4 and when i hit reset button and pushed in only half way it displayed .7 (on second picture)which is half way between .4 and 0. Can see gear at bottom of picture below.

As far as voltage meter goes, as seen in picture below it reads very low when key off and only gets just above the first black bar even at WOT.

Plan on repairing or replace pod before next trip to Sebring.

Mike
389dvc00068_1-med.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread