Pegging the MAF ?

NeverEndn

Established Member
How much HP does it take to peg the MAF on our trucks, could a 6lb pulley, tune, ATB, Upper Plenum and full exhaust with headers do this, or am i safe, i have an 04 Lighting.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i pegged mine at 451 rwhp. full exhaust,18 psi,ported eaton, etc...
i also broke a rod & some valves when it pegged.

203Cree

Established Member
HP has nothing to do with pegging your Maf, it's all about the air. On a cold day you could peg it with a 4lber.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
hey this if of the topic but all you lightining guys can help, whats the bulb size in the Truck??? i think its the 9007 also??? let me know

203Cree

Established Member
NeverEndn said:
So what should i buy for this when i add my 6lber, any companies recommended, i was told SCT makes one.

The SCT BA2400 or the Diablo MAFia will do the trick. I'm running the Diablo.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
203Cree said:
The SCT BA2400 or the Diablo MAFia will do the trick. I'm running the Diablo.

does it matter what chip you are running? i have an SCT chip but am looking at the MAFia... (for price reasons... )

just wondering.. thanks

203Cree

Established Member
I'm not sure. That would be a question for your tuner. I'm running a Diablo chip as well, so it kinda just worked out good for me.

203Cree

Established Member
Well, does it? All it does is measure the air coming in vs the air needed, right?

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
My datalogging with SCT software shows me 20 MAF counts away from pegging the meter, and that's in 75 degree heat. I have a 4 lb, C&L upper and elbow, and a CAI. Guess what surprise I'd have waiting for me in the winter? Glad I figured this out now, before something bad happened.

I suspect a great majority of blown engines in the cooler months are due to pegged MAF meters and not ignition timing. Datalog your trucks, people!

unclemole

Established Member
bda1855 said:
does it matter what chip you are running? i have an SCT chip but am looking at the MAFia... (for price reasons... )

just wondering.. thanks

Nope. The maf with mafia or the ba2400-2800 is just sending out voltage to the ecm. The computer may be smart, but not smart enough to read the brand on a sensor. :beer:

fordtech5

if your pegging your mass you should shave the tp and adjust the bac so the iac can over come the duty cyc of the pds , and dont forget to flush the catt...!!!!!or the egos will burn out...

Users who are viewing this thread