pendelton orders

bwd0311

Established Member
so im kind new to this site but just wanted to through it out there. im about to pcs out to camp pendelton and an wonder how it is out that way. i havent been out to the west coast before. im in the infantry and am going to 2/4 so if anyone out there could give me a lil insight id apprieciate it, thanks.

bwd0311

Established Member
i was with 1/8 about 2 years ago when i re-enlisted i got some orders to be a PMI on mcas beaufort. so im down here wasting time being a RSO on the pistol range. i guess the only thing i really got is PMI scool and time with my family. not really what i expected, lots of time off but just too boring. i thought i would like a break from the field and work ups but i guess being a grunt is what i do. i saw that u were in comm. did u go to the comm. school in 29 palms. my uncle used to be the sncoic of the school.

Last edited:

runsonboost

Established Member
CP is alright, cali kinda sucks for cars though, just make sure to keep it registered in SC or your homestate. when are you gunna be out here?

bwd0311

Established Member
i heard it sucked for cars with all the emissions and shit like that. ill be out that way inmay time frame. well see i think im tring to get my orders changes to lejuene just because the price of living seems to be crazy out there well see but if i cant ill be out there like i see in the may time period. any good tuners/shops around pendleton?

runsonboost

Established Member
the price of living isnt too bad, base housing out here is pretty nice, or if you choose o-side and vista are are somewhat expensive. if you dont mind driving 45 min to work you can buy a house in Temecula for 4-500 bucks a month less than renting an apartment around the base. if your car isnt registered in cali the emmisions isnt a big deal, but you do have to pass smog to get a base sticker. im sure you already looked up bah rates out here, they went up again for '10, as a Cpl w/dependents ill be getting 1677 a month. if your a SGT or above it will of course be higher. BAH and comrats really off sets the cost of living out here. as for the shops there are plenty, plus alot of car related stuff to do, in the summer there is a cruise or meet every weekend, Kenne Bell is only an hour away, Saleen store and the Cars and Coffee meets on saturday mornings. its a fun time, i think the fun stuff outweighs the other stuff. if you have anymore questions or anything just drop me a PM.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
keep your car registered in your home state and you dont have to worry.

I knew a bunch of guys from Pendleton that had modified cars and had them all registered to their home addresses in BFE. Cops cant do shit unless you break federal rules (IE removal of catalytics which is a federal offense, as well as removal of other smog stuff) but you can still get away with non CARB modifications.

BTW Pendleton is FTW, youre gonna love so-cal if you get stationed out here. Sure car stuff sucks, but you get over that within like 5min of driving up/down the coast and visiting all the good places. Its really not that big a deal.

JYOO

Established Member
Pendelton!! Why would anyone want to go to ghetto Lejuene, god that place is ugly and your car might end up sitting on ammo cans.

blacksvtcobra97

Established Member
Pendleton is sooooo much better than Lejeune. Atleast when you are off of work here you can get away from work. BAH really offsets the cost of living here as well. In fact, I pocket a few hundred dollars. My wife and I live very comfortable renting a house in Fallbrook and it takes me only 25 minutes to get to work.

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
The hell with Camp Lejeune, that place wrote the book on anal retentiveness... You will love So Cal as long as you leave your cats on...lol. JYOO you said it best with the ammo cans.. Semper Fi and good luck

Users who are viewing this thread