People running 335's with rolled fenders

vickerw

Established Member
So I rolled my fenders to run my 335/18 BFG KDW II's & I am now rubbing on the bottom backend part of the fender, right at the screw, where the top of fender meets the bottom rear quarter panel. I didn't roll this area because it feels like plastic & was scared it might crack & besides I didn't really think I would have a problem rubbing in that area, but unfortunately I am. So did you guys with rolled fenders roll that area too, or should I just take a BFH to that area & push it in some. I have to do something cause I am leaving a mark in my tire where it is rubbing when I hit a bump in the road. Any help/info would be appreciated cause I finally like how my car sits & would hate to have to raise it up any!
I am currently running H&R SS with the stock isolators all the way around & 3/8" spacers.

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
Sub'd curious on this. Other than that one part of the fender have you had any other rubbing issues, especially on bumps?

vickerw

Established Member
Well, when I hit a bump it does bottom out but the other parts are rolled good, so I don't think it is actually doing damage to my tire, because there is no sharp edge on that part of the fender. But that one spot on the lower part of the fender at the quarter panel seems to be doing the damage & actually left red paint on my tire & rub marks. Hopefully somebody can help me out with this cause I want to fix it without having to raise my car up any cause I like the way it sits now.

Satyr

Established Member
Not to hijack, but where are you guys getting your fenders rolled at? I looked at doing it myself but am concerned with cracking the paint (although, I have read the use of a heat gun will prevent this).

vickerw

Established Member
Yeah I need to get a pic. up for some help. My buddy bought the fender roller & it was our first time to do it. It was pretty easy, but the key is to put the heat gun on it & keep it hot while rolling it. I am sure you can find a shop in your area to do it & from what I have seen it is around $100 to have them do it.

vickerw

Established Member
Ok here is a pic. of my problem. You can see where the tire has been rubbing. This is looking from the front of the fender to the rear part where it meets with the bottom rear quarter panel. Hopefully somebody can tell me if this part can be rolled or just take a BFH to it. Whatever it takes, but something has to be done with it.

photo12.gif

Last edited:

KCRN12

Established Member
That lower piece is your bumper cover, is it not? That's plastic. Or urethane, or whatever they're using now. You should still be able to roll it, just make sure it's got enough heat in it to make it soft, but not enough to melt it. It'll probably be a little tricky. Just take your time, be careful, and don't try to rush it and you should be fine.

vickerw

Established Member
That lower piece is your bumper cover, is it not? That's plastic. Or urethane, or whatever they're using now. You should still be able to roll it, just make sure it's got enough heat in it to make it soft, but not enough to melt it. It'll probably be a little tricky. Just take your time, be careful, and don't try to rush it and you should be fine.

Yeah it's plastic or some cheap crap like that. That's why I was scared to put the roller on it. I didn't want it to crack. But I need to do something so I will give it a try. Appreciate the input man!:beer:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Thats very strange that ur rubbing there. I have the same tires but on stock cut springs and i only rub on bumps on the top of the fenders. I rolled mine too but didnt touch the rear bumper cover cuz i didnt think the tires would ever come close. Thank God so far i have had zero problems with that. Good luck man nothing worse than having to deal with a headache like that. Let us know when u fix it and what the solution was. I'd be very careful on rolling the bumper cover, it doesnt look very "bendy-friendly."
Wish u all the best man.

SpectorV

Established Member
my tires rub on the actual rear quarter panel but not the bumper in the same area~ you cant roll that very much... I can grind mine down to clear

Teej281

Established Member
Wow, I have 335/30's too and I'm slammed on coilovers and I have no issues whatsoever, running the 3/8" spacers from lethal and fenders rolled and paint cracked. lol the heat gun wasnt helping much on 125k mile paint. lol Could it be that your bushings might be worn out and thats making the wheel be in a less than ideal place and its causing you to rub? I've never ever heard of this before.

ray77

roll tide roll
Established Member
i got 335/30/18 with no rubbing issues. stock suspn but with spacers. forgot the size. werid

Users who are viewing this thread