People running a dry shot! before the maf

Brad

Banned
Who's doing it, I know you're out there!

If so tell me about it

-how long have you been doing it?

-what size shot?

-whats your A/F look like?

People tell me it's a horrible idea, then people tell me it's not so bad.

I've got a few sprays pre maf, then I pulled the system. I just finished fabbing up all new brackets, polished the bottle, now I'm re-installing it..

It's just a dry shot, no fuel pressure switch or wot switch. I've got a button mounted on my shifter, my safety swich is on my wideband, anything over 12.8 kills the shot.

I'd like any feedback you guys have.. thanks alot! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

LeoGSVT

Banned
i run a dry 60 shot pre-maf...have had it for 5 months now, the car is a freak on the spray, picks up 100+ to the wheels and 120+trq.. breaks the nittos loose all the way through 2nd..i run a switch chip with a nitrous tune, i had made from my tuner, dynoed and everything it has a little more fuel, and timming...so i dont just rely on the maf to correct it, you can do it that way with small shots but i plan to spray bigger after i port my blower so i have a custom tune for it, there are plenty of people running pre-maf shots, you just cant go too big, you can freeze the maf easily..my buddys car ran slower with the 100shot pre-maf than when he had a 60 shot in, you will pick up almost double the power with n20 as well...I use the Compucar bottle in a bag kit...bottle in the trunk, line ran under the car and tapped right into the filter! let me know if you have any other q.'s!!!
leo

Brad

Banned
LeoGSVT said:
i run a dry 60 shot pre-maf...have had it for 5 months now, the car is a freak on the spray, picks up 100+ to the wheels and 120+trq.. breaks the nittos loose all the way through 2nd..i run a switch chip with a nitrous tune, i had made from my tuner, dynoed and everything it has a little more fuel, and timming...so i dont just rely on the maf to correct it, you can do it that way with small shots but i plan to spray bigger after i port my blower so i have a custom tune for it, there are plenty of people running pre-maf shots, you just cant go too big, you can freeze the maf easily..my buddys car ran slower with the 100shot pre-maf than when he had a 60 shot in, you will pick up almost double the power with n20 as well...I use the Compucar bottle in a bag kit...bottle in the trunk, line ran under the car and tapped right into the filter! let me know if you have any other q.'s!!!
leo

Cool, I was planning on starting with a 35 shot pre maf, then step up to a 50 jet down the road if the 35 works out. All of this without tuning BTW.

maddrabitt

Established Member
Brad, Im in the same boat as you. I got the dynotune kit on the way here right now. Starting with the 35, then probably early next year (when I can afford some injectors and a dedicated tune) kicking it up to the 100 shot.

Users who are viewing this thread